Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhante View Post
    I've just taken a look at the schematic for the 2402 and it occured to me for a moment that it might give faster access putting pin 7 on Vcc instead of GND for use with PonyProg, but looking closer I think it is better to stay on GND. Maybe someone could confirm this.
    Pin 7 is traditionally WP (Write Protect)
    You are better having pin 4 as GND and pin 8 is VCC as you have already mentioned

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mp4wizzard View Post
    Pin 7 is traditionally WP (Write Protect)
    You are better having pin 4 as GND and pin 8 is VCC as you have already mentioned
    Yes. According to the ST datasheet pin 7 also doubles as Mode, and I was quietly asking myself whether I might get better data transfer by tying it high, but I think you are right that it is better low. I am getting very low transfer times, but I suspect it might be because I am not getting very good contact on SCA, SDA and Vcc with my hand-built connector.

Quote Originally Posted by mp4wizzard View Post
    Can you show me the other side please.
    Plus , do you have the PCB layout........?
    Eddie
    I do not have the pcb layout! This is the other side of the programmer. I do not know anything about electronics so I commend to you. If you can kindly change my image of the programmer to insert the numbers and where to attack the wires. I hope I was understood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ago99

Pinout 24cXX

Pinout
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank you all! I managed to create the hardware to reset the chip and I can read the data! Problem ... I can not write! Is wrong in the configuration to PonyProg and KeeProg? Or my chips are not re-writable? If so, where can I find them?

Hi. I solved the problem by resetting the chip for xerox dc440. I know that it takes a 24C02 EEPROM.
    Now, I need to know what's the eeprom for chip XEROX WorkCentre 255. Many thanks to those who will help me.

Technician

Reprogramming toner chips for the DC440 series and DC230 series

I recently tried an experiment I wanted to do for a long time: I removed the Xerox IC from a DC440 toner cartridge chip (the white chip) and replaced it with a standard 24C02 serial EEPROM, programmed with the data of a virgin black chip (i.e. the standard OEM data required for the DC440, which I regularly use for reprogramming the black OEM chips). Soldered into the white chip carrier I can read and write it from my programmer just like any other OEM chip. After its' brain surgery I put the white chip on the cartridge in the printer for testing. I found it basicly works, but every once in a while (at irregular intervals) it puts up an error message that it is the wrong cartridge. After pulling out the cartridge and then putting it back in it then goes on printing for a bit, then puts out the same error message again.

The printer is able to read and write to the chip successfully, so what is the difference between a 24C02 soldered into the white chip and a black chip which also contains the 24C02? Any ideas anybody?

Bhante

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox wc-4118 toner chip resetter, looking for a schematic or instructions to build

Re: Reprogramming toner chips for the DC440 series and DC230 series

Quote Originally Posted by Bhante View Post
    I recently tried an experiment I wanted to do for a long time: I removed the Xerox IC from a DC440 toner cartridge chip (the white chip) and replaced it with a standard 24C02 serial EEPROM, programmed with the data of a virgin black chip (i.e. the standard OEM data required for the DC440, which I regularly use for reprogramming the black OEM chips). Soldered into the white chip carrier I can read and write it from my programmer just like any other OEM chip. After its' brain surgery I put the white chip on the cartridge in the printer for testing. I found it basicly works, but every once in a while (at irregular intervals) it puts up an error message that it is the wrong cartridge. After pulling out the cartridge and then putting it back in it then goes on printing for a bit, then puts out the same error message again.

The printer is able to read and write to the chip successfully, so what is the difference between a 24C02 soldered into the white chip and a black chip which also contains the 24C02? Any ideas anybody?

Bhante
    Probably would work with a generic case and board, rather than the oem. For grins, I took a resettable 440 chip and put it in a 7345 housing and programed the 7345 data to it -- it worked.
    Anyone want to give out the secret to programing 123/128 rfid chips? Able to read it but can't change or program it.