Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    periklis

Xerox 4150 Workcentre older firmware

I've recently downloaded and installed on my WC 4150 the new suggested firmware 10.100.46.000 from Xerox site. Since then the NIC adapter won't function, it is reported from the machine as "not installed". I've requested technical support from Xerox, and claimed that probably the NIC is damaged and be replaced. Where can I find any older firmware releases such as 10.099 or 10.088 to install them and test the machine before I order a new NIC adapter?

mahafsc

mahafsc

Hi. I have the exact same issue with a 4150.. I had a HDD failure and replaced it. I had to upgrade the firmware to .71 to get the HDD to boot up. Everything worked fine with the HDD after I did the software upgrade but the NIC is now not detected though the machine shows it is present. The NIC went down showing a configuration mismatch right after I upgraded the software initially (though that first attempt appeared to fail and I had to repeat it.) I have attempted to reinstall older software and then reinstall the latest but it has not corrected the problem. Xerox is no help even though I suspect their software did this. The NIC line just flashes when I try to upgrade and no NIC controller is present in the configuration. I would love to know what you did to fix yours or some help from anyone. There is no network printing or scan to email without the NIC. I have been trying to correct this for days. Thanks for any help.

periklis
    There must be something wrong with the flashing procedure. I eventually found an older firmware version, re-installed it, but it didn't solve the issue. I've also contacted Xerox, but just like you I didn't get any answer nor solution. Eventually after lot of effort, I had to order a new NIC card and install it, and everything worked back as normal. I even upgraded it to the latest firmware and everything's fine. Looks like that the NIC which came with the 4150 had this buggy feature during flashing with this specific upgrade... So that leaves you with only one choice : get a new NIC...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 4150 Workcentre older firmware

mahafsc
    Thanks periklis and adriansto. I probably need to just order a new NIC though the HDD clean procedure referenced by adriansto might be worth a try first. I should say that I did just replace the HDD with a new xerox replacement. Can you send me a link to the HDD clean file referenced in the .pdf materials? Thanks.