Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hutchingsp

7655 Print Color vs. Copy Color Mismatch?

We have a brand new 7655.

With our corporate material we've noticed that if we copy existing material, the colours are pretty much identical barring media quality and a little generational loss.

With printing, the colours are vastly different.

We've eliminated the print driver and tried printing the PDF directly from the web GUI with the same result.

We can print the same PDF to various Xerox machines around our side (mainly 7232's and 6180's) and the colour looks exactly as it should.

Hopefully Xerox have a level 2 tech coming out to see us, but other than the Copy and Print Calibration options in the menu's accessible using admin/1111, what are they likely to be able to do?

Thanks in advance.

Technician

Re: 7655 Print Color vs. Copy Color Mismatch?

Quote Originally Posted by hutchingsp View Post
    We have a brand new 7655.

With our corporate material we've noticed that if we copy existing material, the colours are pretty much identical barring media quality and a little generational loss.

With printing, the colours are vastly different.

We've eliminated the print driver and tried printing the PDF directly from the web GUI with the same result.

We can print the same PDF to various Xerox machines around our side (mainly 7232's and 6180's) and the colour looks exactly as it should.

Hopefully Xerox have a level 2 tech coming out to see us, but other than the Copy and Print Calibration options in the menu's accessible using admin/1111, what are they likely to be able to do?

Thanks in advance.
    I have the same problem happens to me exactly like you.

When I saw your message I'm glad I'm not alone.

You know any solution?.

We could investigate together.

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    7655 Print Color vs. Copy Color Mismatch?

Re: 7655 Print Color vs. Copy Color Mismatch?

When you made calibration all thing is happen in internal controller of the machine. The scanner and printer of the copier is calibrated and the copies are good.
    When you print the driver and the application programs ( Photoshop, Corel, Adobe, etc ) send information to the printer.
    There are not any calibration for thsi you can make in administrator tools. There are some kind of calibration, for printer, in service mode but you make your calibration in driver and in application you use.