Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jcook

Xerox WC 7232 Download Mode

Hi
    I tried to update the firmware for Xerox WC 7232 and now it's stuck in download mode from past 3 days. I recycled the power but it is entering in download mode again. If I connect the usb cable to it I get a "Fujitsu XeroxFirmware download device" and no drivers are installed for it.
    I read on Xerox support forum that I need help from Xerox but there is no support center in my region.
    Can someone point me to the right direction ?

Regards
    John

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    in primavista check your power save button (maybe is stick). power up with this button pressed and power of after or try softUgrade by USB memory stick. I past you the instr. there:

ALTERNATE LOADING METHOD:

You will need a USB flash drive that is 2 gig or smaller for this procedure!

Create a directory (folder) on the usb drive in the root directory named DWLD.
    Copy the IPL file that you downloaded into the DWLD directory that you created.
    Switch the machine powered OFF.
    Insert the USB drive into the USB port below the UI to ESS cable on the controller (you will have to unplug the fax connector if a fax is installed)
    Hold the Energy Saver button as you power on to bring the machine up in software download mode.
    After about 20 seconds you should see "Transferring" appear below Download Mode on the UI.
    Then you will see "Processing" 0 of 1 then 1 of 1 displayed.
    The machine will reboot
    After the machine reboots, Power the machine off and remove the USB drive. Don't forget to plug the fax back in if it was removed earlier.

jcook
    Thank you for the info , I have only the bin file from the xerox download site, should do it ?
    the usb drive is ok to be formatted in fat32 ?
    there is a fax installed, so I should unplug the usb connector..

I'll try it tomorrow

Best regards!
    John

jcook
    I followed the steps and at phase 6/7 there was an error, I let the machine to finish the update, the print is working fine but if I connect the fax cable I get error 033-363

I tried another time disconnecting the usb stick and connect the fax cable when processing appears, this time it finished without error but still I get the fax error

any ideas ?

Thank You
    John
    Last edited by jcook; 01-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Odd! try to save NVM and reset Sys-User, Sys-System.

jcook
    please excuse my lack of knowledge, the reset is made by web interface ?
    what if I don't save the settings ?

if I reset the machine should I try to update the firmware again ?

thank you
    John

jcook
    many thanks, after reading on 7132 service manual I could only initialize SYS-USER after 2 failures and now it seems to be working properly, hopefully I won't have any problems with it.

best regards !

John

Pepijn

Re: Xerox WC 7232 Download Mode

I know its a long time ago but is there anyone who can supply me with the 7132 IPL files? The bin file on the website isn't working with this method and i'm stuck in download mode..

Kind regards