Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 3030 and 8025 background and dumping toner

I looked at two different machines. 3030 and 8025. Both have simular issues. After replacing toner ( customer states) it started to print background and also went through toner quite fast. 8025 actually had dumped quite a bit inside of the machine. 3030it was OK. after putting new toner in 3030 it takes really long time to "adjust for quality" after it gets ready, when making copy, it will stop after copy is out and asks for new toner. simular on 8025. according service manual, for background there is way to adjust the voltage on charge scorotron. well I dont have the special tool to do that and dont have 2grand to buy one either. Can someone help? thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    First check erase lamp, all leds on lamp must works.

Technician
    Is there easy way to do it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hey Rastyp3c,

Did you ever resolve this problem? I had the same thing happen to me and I had to change the developer.. The problem that I have, like you, is that I have to make the corotron adjustments and I too do not have the tools to do that. What work around did you have for this?
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hey Paul,

I already purchased the service manual way before I even set foot in this account. This is how I know that I am going to need a work around on the electrometer/corotron adjustment. I can put my hands on the probe holder, but not the electrometer specifically for Xerox machines.. If anyone knows how to handle this adjustment without the electrometer that would be great.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Technician
    No I have not done it Yet, probably in a week or so. One guy told me you only need to tun the adjustment for voltage for developer. There are couple points on hvps that reads developer voltage. I have not done it at all. I will post once I do.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Are you sure it isn't the toner? Are both machines using the same stuff? - In the same business? Those erase lamps can bury you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think that it was initially the toner in the beginning (Very poor copy quality and severe backgrounding. What is normally indicative of contaminated toner/developer) and that is why I emptied out and replaced the developer. I also changed the drum and the blade. The background went away and so did the image. I now have blank images and I don't even know where to start. It seems like this was supposed to be a strait forward drum replacement and for the most part it was, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why all the sudden after replacing the drum that I now get blank copies unless it's because of the corotron adjustments that need to be done after a drum replacement. Oh, after I replaced the developer, I performed the 09-21-06 at startup and it stated that it cannot complete the process with a 0 VBias.. any clues?

I did go back over my work several times to make sure that every thing that I did was correct and that every thing was connected correctly. Do any of you might know what I did wrong? I know that simply replacing the drum and blade should not have caused blank copies without doing the corotron adjustment, but I can imagine that it would cause very light copies.

Hmmmm, I know that I have development drive and that the developer is turning as is the drum and fuser... stumped to say the least..
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Didn't see in any of the previous posts where dev was replaced. May not matter anyway if a toner that doesn't "fit" the developer is still being used - at least after a few copies if the correct dev was installed and contained enough oem toner to achieve the correct concentration. If not, it will search for more toner and all it is getting is toner of maybe the wrong charge or whatever the problem may be with the toner. I'm sure you have performed the blank copy rap to see where in the xero process the problem is. Could it be as simple as mating the wrong coro connectors? I wouldn't fool around with any pots on the hvps, cause without an electrometer you may not obtain the correct charge or trans. I believe there is a connector in the rear of the dev housing that you have checked. Not sure what you would observe if it were left off. If you are positive the mag roll is turning, and the spacing of the dev housing (to the drum) is correct - not too far away - then your problem is either charge or transfer. The panic stop (if it will allow you make a copy) will tell you. I don't think you could so over expose the image to completely wipe it out. Please let us know what you find!