Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Highone140

Red face Xerox DC 12 Software Finding

Hi.
    I joined a new copy station, and i need to know more about DC 12, so i can do more than clicking print button.

My first question is

"How Dc12 connects windows 7 computer?"
    "Why there is a little old computer (they said windows 3.1) is connected between Computer and Printer?"
    "Where can i find the software/driver of this printer? i mean better software, not default"

I'm good at pc hardware, but new at printer, im searching for some document to read about Dc12. Maybe after learning that,i can ask my question about printer's line problem.
    Thanks for info

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox DC 12 Software Finding

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    The machine does not connect to a win 7 pc for printing most connected high end graphics machines use a fiery or some type of RIP interface.
    As for xerox software to diagnose the machine xerox stuff is hard to find and not available. Its their monopoly. Their game and their rules and its what makes Xerox so hard to work on, at least the high end stuff
    the little stuff is not a problem.

Highone140
    you are right about fiery, it says Fiery workstation DC12.
    thanks. I'm now searching for fiery brochures.
    payed links nn btw.

kristihalsey

Re: Xerox DC 12 Software Finding

xerox never wrote drivers to support any further versions of windows past XP. we installed a server and the newest version of windows, only to discover this... and we took an XP machine and made it a print server. this older-version print server still has to be in place PLUS the fiery... i do have the fiery software if you need it. and the older command workstation 4 that it works well with