X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeboy
    Technician
    • Mar 2011

[Error Code] Xerox DC240 Fiery Remote Scan Problem

I have a Xerox DC240 with EXP250 bought used a year ago. The Fiery has the following programs loaded:

Colorwise Pro Tools, ver. 3.5.32
    Command WorkStation 4, ver. 4.4.0.39
    EFI Hot Folder, ver. 2.1.0.25
    Fiery Remote Scan 5, ver. 5.3.1.9
    Fiery VDP Resource Manager, ver. 1.2.013

• CT Copier Repair
    Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
    • Mar 2010

Where are you located?
    As for reloading software that appears to be the going rate
    setting up scanningis pretty straightforward check out Fiery website
    should have step by step

Comment

• homeboy
      Technician
      • Mar 2011

I'm located in Los Angeles.

I also posted this question to another forum and got an answer.

Basically:
      1. I didn't have the crossover cable from the printer to the Fiery in place.
      2. I didn't know how to access the mailbox where the scans are stored.

If anyone is interested in the complete answer I got, I can post it here.

Comment

• nilak
        Technician

50+ Posts
        • Aug 2010

yes it will be gentle, post it! it is look like you lost connection to your FTP server to me. if you dont know where and how is installed you better set up your own. there many on the web. for details on controller inst. fiery doc. will help you.

Comment

• homeboy
          Technician
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by nilak
          yes it will be gentle, post it! it is look like you lost connection to your FTP server to me. if you dont know where and how is installed you better set up your own. there many on the web. for details on controller inst. fiery doc. will help you.
          Okay. Here is what the guy on the other site wrote. I followed the instructions and all is well.

"There should be a network cable between the printer and the Fiery box - usually a cross-over cable. If this is not there you will not get scanning working. When you go to network scanning, click on the refresh templates button - if there is communication with the rip, the templates will be updated to the same as whats on the rip - if not you will get an error message. Several Fiery RIPs also have an issue where the scan mailboxes get corrupted - easiest way to tell if a mailbox is corrupted is to print the fiery configuration page out. In the SERVER section of the output (1st page, 1st column) there is a setting for Clear Scan Jobs - this should be something like Manually or x number of Days if this is a ? then the mailboxes are corrupted and you will have to get the software reloaded - there are patches to stop this corruption happening but the patch will not fix the mailbox if it is corrupted. The Fiery RIPs should have come with all the necessary disks to install the software on the RIP. If everything is working and the mailboxes are not corrupted there will be 3 default mailboxes on the printer (B&W guest, Colorguest and greyscaleguest) these all scan to the guest mailbox on the RIP. Using Remote Scan select the mailbox (enter guest for mailbox name - no password) you should then get a list of scans in the guest mailbox. Some of the earlier Fierys didn't work with Guest - these will work with the number 0 instead."

Comment

• azehnali
            Senior Tech

500+ Posts
            • Nov 2009

I am located in Los Angeles
            if you need any kind of service email me
            thanks
            azehnali@aol.com

Comment

Working...