Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Question about copy cartridge compatibility for Xerox 5334

Can the 113R93 be used for the Xerox 5334. I was going to get 13R67 for customer but can get 113R93 SIGNIFICANLY CHEAPER. I know there are metered/unmetered issues and thought I would check with someone more expert on these machines.
    Can one just buy almost any like 13R9 and remove meter contraption in behind little square hole. Please advise. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

PS.... Xerox website does not list a copy cartridge for this model on their supplies website which leads me to believe unmetered and part of maintenance contract

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I think with the 93 you have to clip about 1" from the inboard slide on the cartridge to make it fit. The 93 also has coro wires, the 161 has a sawtooth - but you can use it. I'm not sure if the 93 has a meter - but it doesn't matter - the 5334 (161) doesn't have a meter. The meter does not have to be removed if it's there.
    Glenn

Thanks very much Glenn. I just ordered the 113r93 which was $30 with shipping brand new/unopened. The 13R67 was about $104 w/shipping. I take a close look in comparing 113R93 with CC that is in machine to see where you are talking about as far as clipping off part of cartridge. Thanks again. Frank

Hi Glenn: I got the 113R93 yesterday and went to customer today. I could not find what I needed to clip off on cartridge. It doesn't go in all the way and usually it is fairly obvious to me what needs to be modified as I have done it on various cartridges. Could you pinpoint and describe exactly what needs to be clipped or could it be something in machine itself that needs to be removed. Frank

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    [QUOTE=axyun;210978]Can the 113R93 be used for the Xerox 5334. I was going to get 13R67 for customer but can get 113R93 SIGNIFICANLY CHEAPER.

There are some copy cartridge failures that can be fixed avoiding expensive replacement.

Black stripes wide or narrow in the direction of paper travel probably caused by a contaminated cleaner blade can be fixed by taking the cartridge apart and cleaning the blade.

Deletions (I think once referred to as tiger stripes).

The charge corotron coated with toner, and can be fixed by taking cartridge apart and cleaning (very gently) the wire with a pencil eraser and wiping wire with a clean cloth and film remover. I have had some success cleaning the saw tooth charge element.
    A light area about 1 inch wide on every other copy of a multiple copy run can only be fixed by replacing the photo receptor belt. This is a little more complex, but can be done!

Good luck!
    Robert

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ax, place the cc on a surface in the same position as it would be in the machine. the inboard slide on the copy cartridge needs to be cliped about an inch or so because it is hitting a stop in the machine. The "slide" is actually the top of the cc. It measures 6 7/8L x 3/8W x 1/8 thick. I forgot actually what the cc hits in the machine so I can't tell you what to remove there. Good luck -
    Glenn

Robert, thanks for the info regarding copy quality solutions. It 's been a long time and good to hear from you again. This particular old cartridge belt was shot with actual damage on the belt. Hence,cleaning the blade , etc would be of no use.
    I have new cartridge which I got quite cheap($30) and after reading Glenn's post I was able to see the difference in the length of the flange or rim along the slide in area and removed a small piece of it on front and rear side just in case. i took customer old cartridge with me back to my place for comparison and just clipped rims and will return to customer tomorrow morning.
    Thanks much Glenn...your info was right on. It's great to be a young old fart and still learn things. I hope tomorrow is an especially good day for you guys.

Thumbs up

I returned to customer's office today. The CC went in fine after clipping off part of ridge on slider on machine front side of cartridge but I got fault codes U7-1. I had run a couple of copies on old cartridge prior to installing new one and did not get any code. I put old cartridge in and got a copy but also got a U7-1 a copy later. I checked fault history and there were previous U7-1 codes that I guess customer reset and I guess the machine had been running for the most part with very poor quality and had to be reset from time to time.
    I didn't know what the U7-1 code was as I hadn't taken service notes with me. At first I thought it was the cartridge when it happened with new one but when it happened with old one and was in fault history I decided to leave and return when I got more info.
    I see it can be belt hole sensor(dirty) or erase lamp. If there is anything else I should look for please let me know. I also got a U9-5 at the end that didn't easily reset which I will try tomorrow with 20/3 reset code. Frank
    Last edited by axyun; 04-14-2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: left out part of explanation

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The 50 series weren't my favorite - U9 -5 is a csdc issue and can be caused by broken plastic clips that hold each of the mirrors on their hard points. There is a plumbers epoxy putty that I buy by the case - jam it under the mirror near the clip to bias the mirror on the points. RTV the rest of the mirrors on the their first surface near each end - helps prevent the clips from breaking. Make sure the exposure lamp is not dim. Sand the ground at the exposure sensor. Check the fiber shield at the left of the discharge lamp - sometimes blocks the light to the sensor - causes u7-1's. Should have been removed years ago.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    DSC03390.jpgDSC03388.jpgDSC03394.jpgDSC03389.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

I put old cartridge in and got a copy but also got a U7-1 a copy later. I checked fault history and there were previous U7-1 codes that I guess customer reset

If I recall? the U7-1 code doesn't require the resetting of the NVM,
    and as the code comes and goes

I didn't know what the U7-1 code was as I hadn't taken service notes with me. At first I thought it was the cartridge when it happened with new one but when it happened with old one and was in fault history I decided to leave and return when I got more info.
    I see it can be belt hole sensor(dirty) or erase lamp. If there is anything else I should look for please let me know. I also got a U9-5 at the end that didn't easily reset which I will try tomorrow with 20/3 reset code. Frank[/QUOTE]

U7-1 Belt hole was not seen in 4.6 seconds!

Copy cartridge belt not turning at all?
    Copy cartridge belt difficult to turn?
    Check that belt hole sensor is not loose,
    even a little.
    Check the part of the copy cartridge receiver
    to which the belt hole sensor is secured by
    screws (possibly 3 screws) if the plastic
    bits that the sensor bolts into are broken
    fault codes arise and machine fails.

If the belt hole sensor is indeed not secure
    onto the copy cartridge receiver, the screws may
    have pulled the threads out of the holes, xerox suggests
    bigger screws, but.........................
    If my memory hasn't turned to mush .........

Open the clam shell and the sensor can be
    seen at about the centre of thr receiver.
    It has a small plug jack on the bottom
    left with 2 small wires and there are 2 larger
    wires coming out the top, red and blue,
    and two of the three screws can be seen
    and the sensor can be jiggled to test.
    I would remove the sensor and screws and
    drill holes all the way through the screw holes
    into the copy cartridge receiver, take some (3)
    pan head cap screws (very thin screw head)
    and push them through the enlarged holes from
    the inside, mount the sensor and apply
    a washer and nut and tighten. It will never fail again!

17 years are a long time to remember!!

Gooood Luck
    Robert