Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Xerox M35 problems

Hi. I have a problem with this machine. Let's say it enters power save mode. When i try to make a copy, when is exiting power save mode, it says " output communications fault". I believe it is a problem from the finisher. Anyway, i want to know how to disable the standby function ( so the copier doesn't enter power save mode ever again). Also, it says all the time that tray 2 is empty, although i have paper in it. I believe to be the paper sensor, but i want to know exactly where to locate it. Please help. Any suggestions are welcome. Btw, if anyone can share a service manual for this machine, i would be really gratefull. Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox M35 problems

Did you have a PWS ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's a pws?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Xerox M35 problems

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

I think i got this one ! This machine is a M35 so does not have a network controller but has a finisher LCSS. If you look at the rear of the machine where the finisher power cable plugs into the machine it should be pugged into the black socket not the grey/cream/or white socket this socket is for the controller.
    I have had this problem many times if you look in your fault history you will see 03360 faults.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thanks for the answers. How about that other problem. It says tray 2 empty but i have paper in it. Is the paper sensor causing this problem? Can cleaning it solve it? Some steps for solving this problem would also be usefull.

remove tray 1 and open and close tray 2, make sure the tray feed assembly fully lowers. If not replace with a new feed assembly. you remove the feed assembly from the rear.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    replace tray feed assy or try to reseat correctly (verify 3 supports that sustain feed assy).
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. "