Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox EXP 250 piece fallen off MoBo

I have a Xerox 250 EXP. While blowing out dust in the Fiery RIP, I found a horseshoe shaped jumper of sorts that apparently has fallen off the Motherboard. The loop of the horseshoe is about 0.25" wide, the length of the legs of the horseshoe are about 0.375" and there is a black plastic bridge across the two legs about 0.125" from the end of the legs. The legs look as though they go into a solder joint, but I have not been able to locate where they might have come from. Anyone have a reference to show where this piece may fit? The sticker on the motherboard says "45046260 Rev U1 06/06/2005".

Quote Originally Posted by TomA View Post
    I have a Xerox 250 EXP. While blowing out dust in the Fiery RIP, I found a horseshoe shaped jumper of sorts that apparently has fallen off the Motherboard. The loop of the horseshoe is about 0.25" wide, the length of the legs of the horseshoe are about 0.375" and there is a black plastic bridge across the two legs about 0.125" from the end of the legs. The legs look as though they go into a solder joint, but I have not been able to locate where they might have come from. Anyone have a reference to show where this piece may fit? The sticker on the motherboard says "45046260 Rev U1 06/06/2005".
    I have since located where it came from: It came from the mother board and is a receiver for a clamp spring that holds down one of the static heat sinks.

copyjock

Re: Xerox EXP 250 piece fallen off MoBo

I just found that I have the same problem, one of the horseshoe brackets holding the heat sync fell off but I cannot find the bracket. Do you know if this is a piece that I can buy and repair myself or do I need to take it to a shop?

Thanks,

Rick