Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Xerox 1250 (oil) comparison

hi there all
    i have been playing with a Xeox 1250 that has the oil in it as part of the fuser?
    the gloss and finish from this printer is fantastic, although slightly outdated, what i was wondering is what other copiers are out there that have the oil consumables in them, i know that there is the 1256 as the new model what i was wondering is who else makes a similar print system, also has a well located print, as i have a xerox docucenter ii c 3300 that once you use thicker card (250gsm and above) the image can wonder around the page by around 3-5 mm.
    any advice or ideas would be great, what i would like to do is use it for printing on 300Gsm stock for business cards, hence the minimum of movement in the image as well
    thanks
    carneage

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 1250 (oil) comparison

Quote Originally Posted by carneage View Post
    hi there all
    i have been playing with a Xeox 1250 that has the oil in it as part of the fuser?
    the gloss and finish from this printer is fantastic, although slightly outdated, what i was wondering is what other copiers are out there that have the oil consumables in them, i know that there is the 1256 as the new model what i was wondering is who else makes a similar print system, also has a well located print, as i have a xerox docucenter ii c 3300 that once you use thicker card (250gsm and above) the image can wonder around the page by around 3-5 mm.
    any advice or ideas would be great, what i would like to do is use it for printing on 300Gsm stock for business cards, hence the minimum of movement in the image as well
    thanks
    carneage
    Your dcIIc3300 is an office multi-function printer which means it is not designed to hold full bleed printing on thicker stocks. most xerox models are rated to run up to 260gsm including the DC125x series. The DC1257 is the last oil-based copier/ printer. most recent production type models are now using a special toner fuses at a lower temperature for energy efficiency and can handle 280-300gsm with better registration stability but these are classified as production machines. So it is not recommended to use 300gsm on your dcIIc3300