Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need Help

squash

Need Help

Hi all,

I have DC440 xerox, and last week for the first time I got faoult code N5-1
    Instruction on the machine screen is advising to reboot machine, I did it several times and no luck.Is there anything else I should do. Thanks

The Alien Killer
    The error message refers to the Controller not "posting" properly. It failed the hardware check at turn on. Check all the connections and cables if this does not work then a new controller, memory, cpu.

squash

N5-1

Thanks for the answer. I checked all the cables and replaced the network one - no luck. If it is network controller failure is it possible to add a network card. As much as I remember MB should have PCI slot.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    One of that family had a proprietary motherboard and the other had a pci slot. It is a unix based operating system so any card support "should" work but they may have coded the drivers for only a certain nic. Pull the controller out and check it out.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

gautamtalwar

Software for DC440ST MAchine

Need guidance regarding softwares required to be loaded in the DC440ST Xerox machine as i have replaced my SCSI harddisk and require software so that i can bring the machine on my network and use it as a printer

please help

For all the failures that occur with the controller and network printing has to be installed the software for the specific model and must be through the PWS. Any doubts that I pass the email as I do.