Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Docucolor 240 not imaging magenta

Re: Docucolor 240 not imaging magenta

I'm just an individual user supporting my own machines, so I focus, narrow but very deeply, on the ones I have. Not part of a service company or anything. But as far at the generic supplies specifically for the DC250, etc series, I haven't found anything yet that would be even remotely acceptable, regardless of how much cheaper it is. (Fuser rollers being the possible exception.)

This is what I've tried (specifically for the DC250) and my opinion of the results. (I won't get into whose products I tried or anything like that except by private message. This just isn't the thread for that.)

TONER - Complete failure. 0% usability.
    (I've heard that there are some people selling toner from the very same manufacturer that Xerox uses. It is more expensive than I pay for the real stuff, though, so I've never tried.)

BELT CLEANER BLADE - Meager results. 25% usability.
    (Doesn't last nearly as long as an OEM blade, and while you can clean an OEM blade and it will be good again for quite a long time, the generic blade couldn't be cleaned and reused. Just as bad after cleaning.)

PCR (color drum) - Mixed results. PCR's from one vendor worked pretty well, but PCR's from another vendor were complete failures from print #1.
    (The tricky part is that the PCR's in question from both vendors looked, and were packaged, _I_DEN_TIC_ALLY_. Which makes me worry, like they're from the same source and that source has really bad quality control...)

FUSER HEAT ROLLER - Still testing two different manufacturer's products of these for a buddy, so far so good but too early to report.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine:240970
    I'm just an individual user supporting my own machines...
    Wouldn't have guessed it.

Look forward to FHR results. Ours are adaquate-to-superior so far.

-I
    My name Peggy.
    You got problem?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Docucolor 240 not imaging magenta

OK guys, thanks for your inputs..
    I always use OEM toners and spare parts, that's what I've have learned long ago.
    Just needed opinion about these rollers. Thought it could work. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
    printprocc sorry for using your thread to ask my question.

Cheers

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar
    How'd it go, Printprocc?
    -I
    My name Peggy.
    You got problem?

Technician

Hey thanks for asking. Quite well actually. I finally got tired of trying to fix them one at a time and did my slight mirror adjustments rather on the fly with the covers off. Run a sheet, make an adjustment. and so on. After an hour I got it right and all is good. Terrible mistake to make but I do learn from experiance and that won't happn again.

Thanks for all the input and help. We got er done.