5225 conversion from metered to sold

Anybody know how to do it?

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: 5225 conversion from metered to sold

drop me mail i will let you know thanks

CHIEFCOOKBOTTLEWASHER

Just ran into this issue with one of my 5225 machines. I thought I could easily change the NVM from Metered to Sold but I cannot access the NVM to change it. And I am a little baffled cause the toner I am having issues with has the exact same part number chip in it.

Did you have any success converting from metered to sold? If so would you kindly share a little advice to a guy pulling his hair out at the moment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFCOOKBOTTLEWASHER View Post
    Just ran into this issue with one of my 5225 machines. I thought I could easily change the NVM from Metered to Sold but I cannot access the NVM to change it. And I am a little baffled cause the toner I am having issues with has the exact same part number chip in it.

Did you have any success converting from metered to sold? If so would you kindly share a little advice to a guy pulling his hair out at the moment.
    Sorry, I have not. I have the directions somewhere. If I find them I will send them to you. The part # will be the same, but they are programed differently.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

As a Xerox service tech, the only way I know of doing this is through the Xerox Tech Support helpdesk. The NVM setting for this is read only. It requires a file to be uploaded to the machine provided by Xerox. There may be unscrupulous ways of doing it that I am not aware of. I know the file sent by Xerox is based on a number of machine specific data including the current meter reading. If more than a few 100 copies are made after this file is created, it is no longer usable and will not work anymore.

Toner Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Anybody know how to do it?
    from the Xerox website and our own experience, moving a xerox machine from metered to sold simply requries a sold version cartridge to be installed. The machine now requries a sold cartridge and will not accept a metered version. To change back would require the OEM's help.

have you experienced something different?