Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    voltage2

Struggle to identify part in Workcentre Pro 123

A while ago I bought a Workcentre Pro 123 and have never been able to use it for pretty much any of its basic copying functions because it has been halted by a fault with the drum cartridge. Upon inspection, I found a part that appeared to be broken, but I have failed to identify it. I have a service manual for the machine but haven't been able to find this part in the diagrams and have basically gotten the run-around when calling Xerox.

There are two parts I need to identify. The first is a round black plastic piece and a spring that it sits on. The plastic piece is slightly smaller than the size of a thumb print and has two protruding parts on it that I believe are used to turn the drum cartridge. My piece is broken, resulting in a "fault" on the machine whenever I try to use it. This piece was sitting behind the drum cartridge and it seems that it is supposed to fit right into the mechanism that turns the drum cartridge, but is a part that remains in the machine. It may have been damaged from too forcefully pushing in the drum cartridge. Again, I need this piece and the spring that it sits on. I've attached some pictures to aid in identifying it. Sorry for the blurriness, it is difficult to take a clear shot of something this small. The spring in the photos has since been misplaced, as these photos were taken a while ago, but it is the spring that the part sits on.

Any insights would be wonderful as I would really like to identify and obtain these parts so I can get the machine running! Thanks!

Pictures of part I'm describing:

IMG_0382.JPGIMG_0383.JPG

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Struggle to identify part in Workcentre Pro 123

Lightbulb Re: Struggle to identify part in Workcentre Pro 123

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

voltage2

Re: Struggle to identify part in Workcentre Pro 123

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Thanks, but I already have the service manual and can't find the parts in it I'm looking for.

Re: Struggle to identify part in Workcentre Pro 123

Looks like part of the auger. I dont remember seeing a spring on the but it might, if has come off the drum then you will need to order a new drum as xerox do not sell idividual parts for the drum.
    If is of the machine then it may be from the drum drive. It that case you will need the main drive. Now i definately know there is a spring in the toner system auger item 11 on pl4.2 this spring goes down into the drum cavity maybe it is this ?
    Hope this helps.