Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    zores

Xerox Docu Color 242 - remote scan app on mac not working

I've been assigned onto a small business network that I didn't design and getting things running has been daunting but it's getting better.

I'm having a problem with the Docu Color 242 and I am looking for some advice.

I am new to this network as the previous IT guy's didn't leave any documentation behind which is a nightmare.

On the SPIRE system, I looked at the two NICS.

NIC1 connected to the client network is
    192.168.1.10 ip adress given by dhcp
    255.255.255.0 subnet mask
    192.168.1.1 gateway

NIC2 connected to scanner
    100.100.100.102 ip address that is static
    255.255.255.252 subnet mask
    no gateway listed

I cannot get the remote scan app to work. I enter the ip 192.168.1.10 in the app and a connection cannot be established. All other pc's and mac's are on 192.168.1.* network, so it can ping NIC1 fine but cannot see NIC2.

The owner informed me everything was working fine until a recent power out for a long time.

I don't understand why there is 2 NICS's on SPIRE and how I am supposed to configure them? I am totally lost. Is this a problem with the configuring of the ip's? Or should I look on the router which I'm assuming is being run on Linux on a Dell Poweredge 1850. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Xerox Docu Color 242 - remote scan app on mac not working

the ip address is for printing the 100.100 address is for the command work station which works through remote desktop
    does the print end work fine?
    the way the scan works is it goes into the creo then through remote desktop you retreave it
    I could be wrong

zores

Yes, everything works on that machine except trying to pull a scan from it on a remote machine with the remote scan app.

The apps just gets an error when I point the IP to the NIC connected to the client network portion. The app also gets an error when I point to 100.100 address. It seems like the packet doesn't even know how to get there since I cannot even ping the 100.100 NIC.

I can ping the printing NIC fine from any other machine on the network but i can't ping the 100.100 address.

Also after scanning it doesn't dump the scans into the folders in the spire machine(which cleo is on). Does that give a better idea what could be wrong?

EDIT:
    Reading your post a bit more. Ok, so I am supposed to scan a document, then I log in from remote desktop session on another machine to get the scanned document?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Does the machine have the Creo software disks? You don't ping the scan NIC card, it's an internal address for the Creo. You scan to a folder on the creo then with the remote software from the creo disks you pull up the scanned images.
    There should be an installation guide on the disks or help pdf in the documentation part of the Creo set of disks that explain how to set up scanning.

zores

No, software disks the tech that came to setup the machine, installed the machine and left. I have a quick start guide and a white binder with a bunch of printed pages on it, when I took a look it didn't seem to give me any answers. I'll try looking again.

xdc2008

Quote Originally Posted by zores View Post
    No, software disks the tech that came to setup the machine, installed the machine and left. I have a quick start guide and a white binder with a bunch of printed pages on it, when I took a look it didn't seem to give me any answers. I'll try looking again.
    Did you ever find the solution to this problem? If yes, what is it.
    Thanks