Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

2060 colour Registration issue

Really need some help on my 2060 with a colour to colour registration issue. I've brought this up before but in the meantime I got other issues, these sorted now and back to square one with the misregistration.

I've attached two scans of a registration printout from the diagnostics mode which shows that the registration is off in both the process direction and in the IB to OB direction, moreover, it's skewed in that it is not off by the same amount from IB to OB.

The first scan shows the misregistration after my technician did some manual tweaking with the NVMs but this doesn't sort the issue completeley and it doesn't address the skew between colour issue (and manual tweaking shouldn't be the way forward anyway).

After this I've done the following:

1) determined that the issue is present on the IBT belt before transfer to the paper so not a 2nd BTR issue
    2) cleaned the MOB sensors, no difference to the first scan
    3) switched the cyan and black ROS and there is a big difference for the worse, this is scan number 2
    4) attempted to follow the RAP (Color to color misregistration) but end up with no change to scan number 2
    5) tried to do some of the regicon routines, again no difference to scan number 2. Can't find the full procedure for regicon in my documentation, where do I look?

Basically the RAP says I need to change the IOT PWB but before doing that I'd like to hear if there are any other suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance,
    Gustav
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 2060 colour Registration issue

Just wondering if it could be a loose connection on or around the IOT PWB? Had a similar registration problem on my 3535 that was solved, by chance, when we cleaned up around the IOT PWB.

I have a spare parts DC5252 but it's sitting in the UK at the moment so I can't take bits off it at will but I can ask to have specific bits sent to me, best to know which bits to save time and money. Would the IOT PWB be the same for the 5252 as for the 2060?

Come on guys, give me some ideas please

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

gus i cant give you a one stop solution for your issue. From what ive talked to you over past times here is what i think u should do
    1) Re initi all NVM's
    2) Restore Critical NVM's from the sheen in the front door.
    3) Run a max setup
    4) See what problems or errors(in PWS) you are having and post it here .W'll see what can be done
    a machine is only as good as your tech : source:screwtape ; the scary one

Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    gus i cant give you a one stop solution for your issue. From what ive talked to you over past times here is what i think u should do
    1) Re initi all NVM's
    2) Restore Critical NVM's from the sheen in the front door.
    3) Run a max setup
    4) See what problems or errors(in PWS) you are having and post it here .W'll see what can be done
    Hi David,

This is just a preliminary feedback as I've got to get some more toner in the machine which I shall do tomorrow (I've actually scraped the augers out to feed my DC12).

I've done 1 and 2 and I did do a max setup despite there probably not being much toner (don't know why the machine doesn't complain about the evident lack of toner) and got no error codes but a few NGs and I also did the regicon and again, no error codes, most looks fine to my untrained eye except at a certain point where I can see that my values are way out of tolerance.

This afternoon we're cleaning up the machine and when I've got toner in tomorrow I'll do the max setup again plus regicon and post the results

Just one thing, since I initialised the NVMs I can't access the copier part even after putting in the critical NVMs so there's obviously one or more NVMs I'm missing out on, any ideas which?

DC12 toner and DC2045 toner are the same I used to interchange that .

I dont have a scanner on my machine so i donno how to help you on that part

Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    DC12 toner and DC2045 toner are the same I used to interchange that .
    I am actually using DC12 toner in the 2060 at the moment. Turns out there isn't enough cyan developer in the housing so I am trying to get hold of that and then take it from there. Question is if I can use DC5760 developer in the 2060 as I can't find any 2060 or DC12 developer in this neck of the woods?

I am not sure of 5760 developer . As far as possible stick to recommended stuff .Try e-bay or D& R for developer

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GusG, have you tried to change the MOB sensor?

Re: 2060 colour Registration issue - SORTED

Quote Originally Posted by kandod View Post
    GusG, have you tried to change the MOB sensor?
    I've finally got to the bottom of the registration issue, this is what I did:

- Changed cyan dev housing - no change in registration problem
    - ran Max Setup, no problem but no change in registration problem
    - ran regicon and got several faults relating to the MOB sensor
    - got a MOB sensor from a 5252 and discovered it's very different from the MOB sensor in my 2060

I read up on that and found that a new style MOB sensor came out at some point and that I needed to set 2 NVMs for the new MOB sensor. So I go to set NVM 760-012 to from 3100 (as it should be for the old MOB sensor) to 1200 for the new style MOB sensor and discovered that that NVM was already set at 1200. I put in the newer style MOB sensor and registration is spot on now.

So the registration issue all along has been that this NVM has been set for the wrong MOB sensor. I wonder how this change took place. We've reset the NVMs a few times so perhaps it defaults to the setting for the newer style??? If that's the case it's strange that this is not a setting to change on the critical NVM sheet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

it probably happened when you did an iot Nvm init on your machine. You might want to have some spare lasers on hand for the future as the laser skew motors do go bad from time to time