Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Service Manager 100+ Posts

Re: Red dc12 color suddenly starts to disapper and now its just pink?

There are plenty of independent suppliers of OEM Xeorx products, also in the US, and they can generally get anything - consumables and spares - brand new and at better prices than Xerox direct, some get their stuff from Xerox so I don't think it's some kind of grey market. I can provide a list of good suppliers I use if you'd like.

Any machine is only as good as the techs and in my area I don't have recommendable experiences with the KM or the Xerox agencies' techs but there are trained independent Xerox techs and no independent KM techs here. That will always vary from area to area.

I suspect the original poster's issue is with the dev tank or the augers and I'm sure that's a coincidence, it could probably have been any other colour. Otherwise, I do see that magenta tends to become a bit overpowering if you just leave a Xerox machine running day in and day out but that's why we calibrate every day, to maintain good consistent quality. You have to do that on any machine that needs consistent quality.

Now that the OP has two spare parts machines, a service manual, a screwdriver and the guts to use it and access to this forum I think he'll be able to keep his DC12 running for many years.

Sounds great Gus.. and the little help from my friends as the Beatles said

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I'd be interested in the suppliers list. Please post or PM me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GusG View Post
    There are plenty of independent suppliers of OEM Xeorx products, also in the US, and they can generally get anything - consumables and spares - brand new and at better prices than Xerox direct, some get their stuff from Xerox so I don't think it's some kind of grey market. I can provide a list of good suppliers I use if you'd like.

Any machine is only as good as the techs and in my area I don't have recommendable experiences with the KM or the Xerox agencies' techs but there are trained independent Xerox techs and no independent KM techs here. That will always vary from area to area.

I suspect the original poster's issue is with the dev tank or the augers and I'm sure that's a coincidence, it could probably have been any other colour. Otherwise, I do see that magenta tends to become a bit overpowering if you just leave a Xerox machine running day in and day out but that's why we calibrate every day, to maintain good consistent quality. You have to do that on any machine that needs consistent quality.

Now that the OP has two spare parts machines, a service manual, a screwdriver and the guts to use it and access to this forum I think he'll be able to keep his DC12 running for many years.

The machine works perfect again and want to tell whats happening. I did check the augers and found out that when checking the drums last time I did drop one screw and since i didnt get the center screw to fit I left that out!!! and this one , as you probably know has to be there.. Well I had to clean the augers and then after total IBT clean and a max setup it starts to work again. Thanks a lot Gus for you help Next time in sweden we drink for that..