Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Xerox WC123/128

Technician

Xerox WC123/128

Hi guys. We are based in the UK and have a fleet of Xerox WC123/128 copiers on service contract. A major problem that we are having is finding parts for the fuser assembly. Some of the parts are available from Parts Drop however things like bearings are not. There is a problem with the stripper finger supports snapping and we need to be able to hopefully buy the cover that these are mounted on. The service Xerox manual does not list the parts but very often as products age Xerox releases component part numbers.
    Can any body let me know what component part numbers are so that we can refurbish the fusers rather than have to buy fusers complete. To do this would make the machine unecconomic
    ps - theres a company in the UK that recoats heat rollers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox WC123/128

Re: Xerox WC123/128

[QUOTE=bobplayskeyboards;258638]Hi guys. We are based in the UK and have a fleet of Xerox WC123/128 copiers on service contract. A major problem that we are having is finding parts for the fuser assembly. Some of the parts are available from Parts Drop however things like bearings are not. There is a problem with the stripper finger supports snapping and we need to be able to hopefully buy the cover that these are mounted on. The service Xerox manual does not list the parts but very often as products age Xerox releases component part numbers.
    Can any body let me know what component part numbers are so that we can refurbish the fusers rather than have to buy fusers complete. To do this would make the machine unecconomic
    ps - theres a company in the UK that recoats heat rollers[/QUOT
    ]

I made a clip that secures the finger if one of the posts are broken. It works, but I haven't figured out whether the thicker heat roll, or the generic phaser 5500 toner, or the teflon worn off the thermisotor, or all of the above, is causing the 10-327. I haven't found part numbers either. Do they recoat the oem roll?

Technician

Re: Xerox WC123/128

Thanks for your reply. Is there any possibillty I could purchase a clip from you ?
    Ref the fuser 10-327 problem. In most cases the fault is resettable by the customer. They need to power down the machine and leave it for an hour to reach "Cold" and then restart . The machine should them work OK. We have spent a long time trying various things to get around the problem which seems to have more than one cause. Make sure that your thermisters are clean and only use OEM heat rollers. These can be very expensive from Xerox however we get around the problem by getting used rollers recoated. This seems to work OK.