Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Conall_boyle_obe

Question Xerox 425DC - Close upper left door

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum. Thank you for accepting me.

I've just been given a Xerox 425DC document centre. Ive set it all up but when I turn it on I keep getting the following error "CLOSE THE UPPER LEFT DOOR"

Obviously I've shut this door and also the duplex door but the upper left door error does not go away.

There are no paper jam in the machine so I'm now at a loss where to go next?

I'm a complete newbie at this so if I need to provide anymore detail please let me know.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

James

Re: Xerox 425DC - Close upper left door

Quote Originally Posted by Conall_boyle_obe View Post
    Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum. Thank you for accepting me.

I've just been given a Xerox 425DC document centre. Ive set it all up but when I turn it on I keep getting the following error "CLOSE THE UPPER LEFT DOOR"

Obviously I've shut this door and also the duplex door but the upper left door error does not go away.

There are no paper jam in the machine so I'm now at a loss where to go next?

I'm a complete newbie at this so if I need to provide anymore detail please let me know.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

James

it will either be the actuating bar (silver looking thing if i remember) or the switch or bad connection/contacts on plug jack on the LVPS.

Conall_boyle_obe

Tech9,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked at the silver bar thing that and that appears to be in order. I assume it should be out slightly so it connects with the upper left door.

One silly question, what is an LVPS? I've found the black switch which once again I assume controls the door so is the LVPS part of this.

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

with the back cover off you should see the silver bar hit that switch when the door is closed.
    the LVPS is the power supply circuit board which is located underneath the right side ofthe centre tray.
    There was alway a problem with one of the large connections on this power supply needed soldering due to dry joint and or cleaning resulting in the message you are getting, it was a common fault back in the days, it has been about a few years since ive worked on these old dogs.