Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    farmamick

For the nostaglic technicians: I have dug a Document Centre 451 out of storage

Gents,

I have dug a Document Centre 451 out of storage, and have been instructed to get it running.

I successfully removed a "foreign interface": one that used to be used to record all work the printer/scanner/copier did, and charged each job to a file matter. This involved me following these instructions:

Enter SR tools mode.
    Press ‘6’ + ‘Stop”, then enter access number 11111
    Select ‘Accessory Setup’ icon.
    Use the ‘Change Settings’ tab to select a card or coin device.
    Select ‘EPSV Setup/Removal’ icon and then select ‘Only connect to accessory’ icon.
    Touch ‘Close’ then ‘Exit’

enter CE mode and change chain number 752, Link number 030 back to 0. Totally switch off the machine and unplug from the wall.Unplug the Foreign Interface.
    Reconnect mains plug and switch on machine.

I've done all of that, and I think I followed it correctly. The printer starts ok, but I get a "The Printer/Network controller is down" error. Code is : 016 312

What do I have to do to get this thing running? Does anyone have the inclination to help me through?!

Thanks.

farmamick

Re: For the nostalgic technicians: I have dug a Document Centre 451 out of storage

So, is no-one up for the challenge?

I'm sorry for not being up with the lingo, but is there a way of "flashing" the machine?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer...