Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Question Workcentre 7232 Error Code 089 - 311

Hello everyone,

im currently on a touble machine from a coworker and just cant find a way to get it work for long.

The machine, Xerox WC7232 stopped all functions with error code 089 - 311 (IBT Belt Home Position error). The coworker checked and replaced the IBT Belt sensor without long lasting success. Ive been at the machine yesterday because the error appeared again, due strong cracking and squeek noise i decided to replace the IBT Belt Unit itself.

I was able to get a few hundred copies after replacement and tought it would work, but customer just called again, the error code 089-311 appeared again.

Usually a simple restart of the machine may help for a few prints, but its annoying. Ive been told there´s a Hint / Tec Info in Eureka Database for 089-311 errors with new IBT Belt units, but i dont have details about it.

anyone can help?

THANKS!

Technician

Re: Workcentre 7232 Error Code 089 - 311

Look IBT cleaning blade assy for waste toner if is full clean and clean way to waste toner container.
    Chek 2BTR.

Technician

**EDIT

Found the eureka Tec Tip about the IBT Belt drive roll bearing wich is kept in place by a simple rather thin metal plate wich can be deformed sometimes. This causes squeeky noise and can cause a bad /loose contact between drive roll and drive dock at the backside in the machine. We carefully pulled the metal back to its position to reduce / remove the free space. We also decided to replace the 2nd BTR Roller since its far from beeing good and may cause problems with the new IBT Belt unit.

At the moment, machine is working.
    Last edited by leoace; 02-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Original1

Quote Originally Posted by leoace View Post
    **EDIT

Found the eureka Tec Tip about the IBT Belt drive roll bearing wich is kept in place by a simple rather thin metal plate wich can be deformed sometimes. This causes squeeky noise and can cause a bad /loose contact between drive roll and drive dock at the backside in the machine. We carefully pulled the metal back to its position to reduce / remove the free space. We also decided to replace the 2nd BTR Roller since its far from beeing good and may cause problems with the new IBT Belt unit.

At the moment, machine is working.
    Where is this plate / bearing located got one doing the same thing

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Workcentre 7232 Error Code 089 - 311

PL 6.2 item 8,9 & 10. Check also rear contact arm and if the drum cartridge release lever- PL 6.1 item 8- is into corect position. If everything ok then you must check the home belt sensor if is good.

leeschlender

I cannot find the eureka docs for the belt assembly. Can anyone tell me how to take out the lbt belt and clean the patches ? I do not know
    where the belt is located; how to see it, etc.

Lee

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Workcentre 7232 Error Code 089 - 311

If you dont know where the belt is located you need to call a tech. This is the best solution for you.

leeschlender

You are absolutely correct on having someone look at it.

Problem is ; I am in the middle of the great state of Idaho and there is not a dealer within 50 miles.

The machine has worked perfectly for many, many years. Only error code I have ever had.

If I had a manual, I could likely perform the fix. Have to do it all , out here.

Thanks,

Lee

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leeschlender View Post

If I had a manual, I could likely perform the fix. Have to do it all , out here.

Thanks,

Lee
    Check your Private Messages..

leeschlender

Thank you for the manual; it is really appreciated !!

Lee