Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

xerox 510 dp LL-22 fault

Hi ! Yesterday I got LL-22 fault on my xerox 510dp. As the manual says,most of the times it's a matter of dirt (developer) on the charge corotron or dirty BTR. I cleaned all, checked contacts, but the problem persists. When entered in service mode with code 09-21-2 the printer gives LL 22, at second attempt it runs the 9-21-2 code OK and I can measure voltages. Any suggestions are welcomed .... Thanks in advance ! IVO

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox 510 dp LL-22 fault

Re: xerox 510 dp LL-22 fault

You want to be sure that the channels for the D/T corotron and BTR rollers are clean of developer. The LL-22 code is usually tied to the D/T. So if everything is clean, then you may have a shorted end block on the D/T, a bad D/T bias lead, or bad HVPS. I can help you with parts if you need that.

Thanks for the quick reply ! I want to ask You for a hint, how to check if the end blocks are shortened, because after inspection they look OK. NO obvious cracks or damages, and in service mode I still can't find a way the cheat the fuser interlocks to see if there is some arcing going on somewhere in that area ! As for parts, I'll write You what I need as soon as I find out what's wrong with the printer. Thanks for Your time and consideration !!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    xerox 510 dp LL-22 fault

I am happy to help. Unfortunately, checking for a shorted end block with these is tough. As they are white, it is difficult to spot the otherwise telltale signs of arcing. The only method I have found that works is to simply swap them with another set. It is difficult working on any machine when you don't have certain parts to use for troubleshooting purposes. I could "rent" or sell you a set of good used end blocks and the D/T cable if you like, they are not particularly expensive. Drop me a note at cbyrne@goevergreen.net if I may help.