Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Help required regarding ColorQube 9300 series

Hello to everybody.
    I am a Ricoh tech working directly for manufacturer and I got an offer to work for a Xerox dealer on this new ColorQube 9300 series.
    I'm wondering if you can help me with information regarding this series of machines and maybe a service manual to make an idea about
    this product. For me will be a major thing to switch boats, especially after I refused to work directly for Xerox.

If you can help me I will really appreciate it!
    Thank you in advance!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Help required regarding ColorQube 9300 series

I recommend you stay away from the solid ink line of Xerox equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Wilson View Post
    I recommend you stay away from the solid ink line of Xerox equipment.
    Can you please be more specific? Are the products service intensive?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The print heads are the main item of the machine and when they go out they are super expensive. Leaking seals, clogged print holes are the most common errors. If the machine is moved when it is on, the liquid ink can spill out of resevoir and ruin the heads.

I understand. I just want to collect as much information I can to determine if is worth to switch the boat. This is the first dealer that Xerox authorized in my area and this are the only machines they are selling now, so my territory will have exclusively this kind of gear. I have at home a small ColorQube printer and never had a problem with it except the fact that takes a long time to prepare itself.
    How is the reliability of this product regarding stocks and jams and print quality. I heard that the ink is peeling off and the pages are stick together sometimes.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We have been working with the Xerox Solid Inks for years and have a couple of the Xerox ColorQube 9201s here we use for parts. So far the printheads seem to be pretty stable on these. The most common issue is the ink loader, based off of what we've been selling, but even those don't appear to be a really big problem. Just give us a call if you want to go into detail. We'd be happy to help.

Michael
    Item Inc.
    703-971-5700 x229

Quote Originally Posted by mrizer View Post
    We have been working with the Xerox Solid Inks for years and have a couple of the Xerox ColorQube 9201s here we use for parts. So far the printheads seem to be pretty stable on these. The most common issue is the ink loader, based off of what we've been selling, but even those don't appear to be a really big problem. Just give us a call if you want to go into detail. We'd be happy to help.

Michael
    Item Inc.
    703-971-5700 x229
    Thank you very much for your feedback Michael. I think I got an idea about the product. It looks like the just realeased 9300 series is even better and more reliable. Not the copiers are make me thing is the business model...my future employer wants to get accounts and service all existing gear in those accounts, independently of brand, model or age without having any infrastructure in place.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That is the way things are going. It seems like all the service departments out there are having to take on all makes and models. That is why we support just about every make and model, less HP. Let us know if we can help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrizer View Post
    That is the way things are going. It seems like all the service departments out there are having to take on all makes and models. That is why we support just about every make and model, less HP. Let us know if we can help.
    Is an interesting aproach, but tell me how you can do this on a market where customers expects their machines up and running in the same day. How will be able a company to stock inventory, even a minimum for a so wide range of makes and models? Maybe I'm obsolete, but right now I have a response time of 4h, in some cases 2h and a resolution of max 2 days. 95% of my calls are a fix from the first visit, but working for the manufacturer I'm afording the luxury of working just on 2 segments of machines, so I have a pretty reduced inventory. This aproach of fixing everything is great on a smaller city or in remote areas where are not big players around.