Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    rrc67

6204 wideformat error

Hey guys I have a 6204 wideformat that is stuck on "waste toner full" message and the waste toner container has been change but still says to replace it. I have check the sensor and it changes from high to low when I test it. I would appreciate any help from someone. The rap says even if the sensor is working to change the sensor if problem still happens but i was just wondering if something else could be wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Rudy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6204 wideformat error

Re: 6204 wideformat error

Hi, Welcome to Copytechnet! Also, welcome to Xerox wide format copiers... lol, this is what they do. Normally, they get stuck on the add toner message and occasionally I will see them get stuck on the empty the waste toner message. Yes, you need to replace the waste toner sensor even if it checks out good. Very few times have I witnessed the logic board being the problem, but I wouldn't rule that out. Make certain that you have perfect continuity between the harness and the logic board and that all your grounds are solid. Try a firmware upgrade... never hurts. Let us know how it turns out.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

rrc67

Re: 6204 wideformat error

ZeusGT
    update on the 6204 error. It turned out to be that the paper rolls were not engaged. I had another tech go out there and he notice that there were a lot of error codes about the paper was missing. He inserted the paper and everything came up working. A learning lesson. Thanks for help anyway.

Rudy