Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question WorkCentre Pro 32 upgrade into C2636

Hi!
    First of all - thank you for such a great forum. Probably the only one place for such huge amount of information for best copiers in the world (Xerox).
    So, after long years of using Xerox WC's at work I finally were able to grab two for home use. So, I have low mileage Pro 32 with dead RIP (I don't know correct name for that x86 computer with PCI cards attached to the rear of copier) and very worn C2636 with alive RIP. My goal is to have 1200dpix1200dpi resolution, as I could read from documentation - Pro 32 is only 600x600dpi machine, while C2636 is 1200dpix1200dpi machine. After careful looking, it looks like scanning/display and keyboard part of those machines is absolutely similar. After careful looking at printing portion - seems it is same too. I only found that toner bottles from Pro 32 won't fit into C2636. PCI Controllers in RIP box is very different, but I was able to revive Pro 32 with RIP from C2636, was even successful with serial number mismatch problem (seems you just need to remove for some minutes yellow battery from funny 100pin DIMM on one of the PCI boards and then do configuration/installation from scratch in WCPS, I also swapped two funny EEPROMS on colored small PCBs from old died controller board to new working one from C2636 and hard drives). So, my question is - what should I swap with worn out C2636 machine to get 1200dpi resolution ? I suspect I need WCPS for C2636 support to do all that, right ? Also, it seems Pro 32/Pro 40, C2128/C2636/C3545 and 7228/7235/7245 all share same print engine ? Maybe I can build something even more cooler from my nice Pro 32 ? Sorry for lame questions, but it is third day when I've started real working on those machines.
    With best regards from Russia, Mike

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: WorkCentre Pro 32 upgrade into C2636

why dont you just fix the 2636
    what exactly is wron with it
    exactly is the key word

C2636 has around 3 millions mileage and Pro 32 has around 100k. Also, Pro 32 has all cartridges, drums, fuser and is working, while C2636 missing black cartridge and some other customer serviceable parts.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

just take the parts from the 32 and put on 2636 and be done with it
    you need laptop and software which you dont have and its not a job for someone who doesnt know what they are doing

I have working WCPS setup for Pro32, and I was able to make RIP cards from C2636 work with Pro32. Although, I don't have WCPS for C2636. I don't have much xerox knowledge agree, but I hope this great forum knowledge and my strong IT background will help me solving that. I think some people thought about software upgrading their xerox machines like I want before.