Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts walidcharifi's Avatar

Re: Xerox 510 wide format code LL-25

Quote Originally Posted by technogeek2009 View Post
    Here is the LL-25 RAP from the manual:
    LL-25 Charge Voltage V HIGH
    This fault will occur if the charge voltage, V high, exceeds -580 volts. This generally is a result
    of the Erase Lamp being off, the Drum is not grounded the ESV 1 probe is not working, or there
    is an open circuit in the Grid on the Charge Scorotron.
    Initial Actions
    Refer to ADJ 9.2 and perform [0904].
    Procedure
    Enter [0966] and visually check that the Erase Lamp is on. The Erase Lamp is on.
    Y N
    Refer to BSD 9.6 and trouble shoot the Charge Erase circuitry.
    Check the Drum ground for damage and contamination or an open or short circuit to ground.
    There is a short or open or drum ground is damage or contaminated.
    Y N
    Examine the Electrometer Probe (ESV 1) and the Probe Harness for damage, connectors
    not fully connected (BSD 9.1). There is damage to the Probe and/or Harness.
    Y N
    Check for an open in the Charge Scorotron Grid circuit (BSD 9.1).
    Replace the Electrometer Probe and PWB (PL 9.9).
    Clean/Repair the drum ground.
    thanks
    (09 04) error 3

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Xerox 510 wide format code LL-25

An error during 0904 is an indication of a problem with the electrostatic set-up. It would also tie back to your LL-25 error code. There is a RAP in the manual for an 0904 failure. I have copied it below, but the links in the flow chart do not transfer over. Hopefully, it will help.

09 04 Automatic ESV Setup Failed, Condition X RAP
    The message 0904 AUTOMATIC ESV SETUP FAILED, CONDITION X (X being a numerical
    value) is displayed with the Printer in the Diagnostic Mode and when [0904] is entered.
    The logic detects that the Process Control System failed to adjust the Xerographic Development
    Field (V Dev) or the Cleaning Field (V Clean) to printer specification. The Process Control
    System is designed to automatically monitor and adjust the Drum Electrostatics at each 5K linear
    feet (3K meters) of media run.
    This fault may occur if there is a problem with the High Voltage Power Supply, Electrometer
    Probe (ESV1), the Electrometer Probe PWB (A31) or the related circuitry. A Condition 1 is
    declared if there is an open or short in the Charge Scorotron Grid or wiring. A Condition 3 will
    be declared if there is an open or short in the Coronode, Erase Lamp or the associated wiring.
    NOTE: The Charge Scorotron, BTR clean output, Detack Corotron, and Developer Housing
    Magnetic Roll are monitored independently by the Process Control System. If a fault is
    detected one of the following will occur:
    • An LL.XX Status Code for the failed component will be displayed in the normal run mode.
    Refer to BSDs 9.1 and 9.8.
    • Should the Image Bar LEDs fail, a Blank Print or Partial Image is produced. Go to Section
    3 - Print Quality 6 - for information on how to troubleshoot LED problems.
    Initial Actions
    • If the Electrometer (ESV 1) was removed, power the Printer off then on, then perform the
    0904 (ADJ 9.2) again.
    • Examine the Electrometer Probe (ESV1), the Electrometer Probe PWB (A31), and its harness
    for damage. Go to BSD 9.1.
    • Ensure that the Electrometer Probe PWB (A31), connectors (A31P-2 and A31P-1) are
    seated correctly and that the pins are fully seated within the connectors.
    • Ensure that the Electrometer Probe (ESV1) is not contaminated with toner or foreign matter.
    Clean as required.
    • Check the wiring between the HVPS and the Charge Scorotron Coronode and Grid for an
    open circuit.
    • Ensure that the HVPS (PS 3) connector (A25P1), Charge, Grid, Developer Magnetic Roll
    Bias, Bias Transfer Roll and Detack connectors are seated correctly and that the pins are
    fully seated within the connectors.
    • Check that the daughter PWB, that is mounted vertically on the HVPS, is fully seated.
    Procedure
    Enter [0966] and visually check that the Erase Lamp is on.
    Y N
    Refer to BSD 9.6 and troubleshoot the Erase Lamp.
    Refer GP 1 and check the voltage output for the Charge and Grid.
    The output at PIN 1 and GRID is within the specification or fluctuating.
    Y N
    Connect the (+) meter lead to the Main PWB (A3) connector (A3P 601-16). Connect the
    (-) meter lead to (A3P 601-14), shown on BSD 9.1. There is (+) 24 VDC present.
    Y N
    Check for an open or a short circuit to ground in the wires connected to (A31P1) and
    (A3P601). Repair the wires as required.
    Connect the (+) meter lead to the Main PWB (A3) connector (A3P 601-13). Leave the (-)
    meter lead at (A3P 601-14). Enter [0904] and press ENTER. The meter reading varies
    between (0.08 and 2.4 VDC) as the Drum rotates.
    Y N
    Go to BSD 9.1 and check the harness between the Electrometer Probe PWB and
    the Main PWB for broken or loose connections. The harness is OK.
    Y N
    Repair or replace the harness.
    Replace the Electrometer Probe (ESV) and the Electrometer Probe PWB (A31) (PL
    9.9).
    Replace the Main PWB (A3) (PL 1.1).
    Enter [0921-2] Check the voltage between J7 and A25P1/J1-16. The voltage is low, less
    than 1 VDC.
    Y N
    Check the Charge and Grid circuitry for an open or short. Check the coronode and grid for
    damage or contamination. Repair the wires, grid, or coronode as required. If there is no
    short or open, Replace the HVPS (PL 1.3).
    NOTE: Severe arcing will cause a crackling/snapping sound in the area of the HVPS.
    Blue sparking may also be observed on the HVPS.
    Replace the HVPS (PL 1.3).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

technogeek2009,
    Thank you for so much information. And forgive me for not posting that the customer has moved on to
    a different machine and tech.

If I had a few of these to work on, I would have followed up more. But I am busy enough without a new headache.

Thanks again

CD

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No worries, and thanks for letting me know. Good luck on your other products. We also support KIP products, so if you need parts or support on them, let me know.

Have a great one,
    Carl

I get a request about once a year to service Kips. If I was getting more request I would go after them as well.
    but mostly just the HP plotters.
    Which brings me to my next post. I recently service an HP T1100. Changing the carriage belt. I did not notice that
    the ink tube assembly was leaking on the carpet. I know that windex with ammonia is good for cleaning the inks, but
    it did not take it all out and now the customer is concerned.

Is there a product that will clean this out? My customer used to have a carpet cleaning business and is concerned
    that the stains will not come out.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

DR

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yikes!! I would suggest posting this to the HP Plotter section. Hard to say how many Xerox wide format techs will also work on HP's. In any case, I sympathize with your situation. I would try something like 409 or Goo Be Gone. I will ask around to see if anyone has had success with a particular cleaner.

Thanks Geek

DR