Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jeroen

Xerox workcentre C226 / Sharp ARC-260M

Both machines in the subject are the same.

The machine is a multifunction machine and works fine but i try to get the full network scanning potencial. Now it works only in trail mode.

Trail mode means 500 scans and 200x200 DPI and sometimes that's not enough.
    This machine is already obsolete. Because of problems etc. its from 2003/2004.

I bought the network scannning kit, but it was not complete. no papers where included. So I installed the module and extra memory 512 Mb and 640Mb. Still in trail mode.

If you look in sim 22-5 you can see the scanning firmware is 1.00 but it doesn't work except for trail mode.

After playing a while with all funtions etc. i believe it must have something to do with firmware versions. Option sim 26-10 which should enable fully network scanning is not in the menu.

Anybody who knows something about this problem and how to solve it.
    If someone can supply me with newer firmware and a program tool I will be thankfull.
    Program tool is RS-232 <-> mini din.

Jeroen van Dijk

Technician 250+ Posts
    The sharp arc260 needs to have a product key entered to enable scanning. The scan kit should have come with a license/application number. With this number and the serial number of the machine you need to get Sharp to issue a product key. The product key then needs to be entered into the machine by going into custom settings then find product key settings, then NSX1 for scanning. There you enter the product key and cycle the power and the scan feature is enabled. I am not sure if you need a dealer to get the key for you or if you can get it yourself as I was always going through Sharps web page as a dealer rep. You will definitely need the license/application number as proof that you purchased the scan kit. Once registered the product key is linked to these numbers. Only one key will be issued!Good luck.

golmarco

Re: Xerox workcentre C226 / Sharp ARC-260M

I've got the same problem, I bought scan kit but after 500 scan copies it stopped... My dealer told me due stopping production this model he couldn't get key to unlock scan option... is this normal? Is there any other ways to get key? I want to report to Xerox or Sharp but I'm afraid they won't work with simple custemers... any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox workcentre C226 / Sharp ARC-260M

For Xerox model you dont need enablment code.
    My mail is stoadis@gmail.com

carwin

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    For Xerox model you dont need enablment code.
    My mail is stoadis@gmail.com
    Hi!

I have exactly same problem with 500 copies limited. Any solutions?