Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DC12_NEWBY

Cool xerox dc 12 docucolor newby - 1st machine... 1st post...

Hi, I have been reading up various posts on this forum for the last month, & just had to sign up...

I could not take it ANY longer, I just had to start interacting with you people!

You are SO good!

Well I am based in the uk, & have acquired a used dc12, I intend to use for production from home...

I think the machine needs a few rollers in the fuser, I can still print, but its streaky once fused...

the only other problem I am having is that the prints are sometimes not registered, i.e. offset is out, i get 3d images, & shifting of colours, BUT not all the time..

I am just getting myself acquainted with the machine, I already got a 14-376 error, whilst doing nothing special & had to ripp the machine apart to get it going again, dont ask...

I also had the service manual to help me through the above problem, & may I say it was like an AtoZ you either now how to read it or you dont...

I was wondering if any of you mature users could guide me through some steps to get my machine running up to scratch...

I am willing to upload some test prints from my machine, just getting used to the forum for now..

& introducing myself.

DC12_NEWBY

Post Re: xerox dc 12 docucolor newby - 1st machine... 1st post...

these are some prints I managed to do:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: xerox dc 12 docucolor newby - 1st machine... 1st post...

Surely there is the IBT to change. It solves the problem of the 3D effect.

DC12_NEWBY

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Surely there is the IBT to change. It solves the problem of the 3D effect.
    it only does this sometimes, like 1 out of 5 prints... & that too only on a4 paper so I have noticed

when I print on a3, it does not happen?

kristihalsey

the streaks are most likely from needing to replace the print/copy cartridge. but i have NEVER (and i've been at 3 work places/7 of this same machine since 1996 {i think}) seen one out of registration like that. i should THINK that could only be the corotron unit... but haven't experienced that one. good luck.

i personally need the service manual. do you have it in pdf format?

thanks!