Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    rcopier

Xerox Diagnostic software

Is this software attainable? Just curious. It would obviously be quite handy. Maybe a consumer version?

I see the tech has it, and always hooks his laptop up first thing...

I am new to the biz, and did some searches but found suprisingly little, even telling guys like me asking that its not available.

You would think that it would be available for at least the products no longer in service.

thanks!
    Last edited by rcopier; 12-14-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: addition

copyjockey
    Yeah, I want the PWS software too. Xerox says "it's propriatary", but they'll sell it to me for $3500, plus an annual renewal fee of $800 per year. Whatever. Still looking for some sort of solution for the problem. Need to get into a DC470's rip with it.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I have some of the Xerox Phaser diagnostic programs, their included on my Xerox Phaser Printer manuals CD.
    Nowhere near $3500.

Paul@manuals4you.com

copyjockey
    Is that compatible with the DC470's server (runs unix, I believe)
    -CJ

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Doubtful as these proggies are for the Phaser Printers.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by copyjockey View Post
    Yeah, I want the PWS software too. Xerox says "it's propriatary", but they'll sell it to me for $3500, plus an annual renewal fee of $800 per year. Whatever. Still looking for some sort of solution for the problem. Need to get into a DC470's rip with it.
    Is that price just for the 470 or is that a full subscription to GSN for all Xerox copiers?

copyjockey
    That price, I believe, was for just the 470DC, and that quote is almost 2 years old now. Sorry for posting such old news, but this guy got the same info as I did. Check it out.
    Home
    BTW, the xeroids get the full software bundled up into a DVD that contains the laptop's OS and drivers, illustrated parts lists, and all drivers for the systems they interface with. Meter reads are automatically sent to Xerox through this system also.

Yeah, that is the GSN (Global Service Network) https://logon.xrxgsn.com/gsnlock/getgsnlock.asp

There is an app called GSNLock which you need a username and password for. Once you have got this you can install local versions of any of the xerox PWS software or edocs.

A GSNLock password will not get you onto the XRXGSN website though, just allow you to use locally installed xerox software.

I believe that if you can get onto the XRXGSN website, you can subscribe to any edoc's using the BUS (which seems to be a sort of xerox proprietary download manager).

Question model numbers

What models do you need this information for ????
    BOB L

copyjockey
    A Xerox 470 ST, mainly.