Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Alan Aya

Blue Lines on output

Got this call from a customer this morning, the print out & copy have a lots of blue line on one side of the paper. Attached are some sample print taken back from customer's place, Can someone give me some clue to solve this problem?Blue Lines 2.pdfBlue Lines 2.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Blue Lines on output

Re: Blue Lines on output

Excellent question !
    May be I can respond to you if you say what is the lead edge of print and of course about what machine we talking.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Hello
    I am not to common with Xerox machines, I have looked at all 3 pics. I would start by doing a black and white print obviously, and if thats all fine then thats the BK PCU and DEV out.

Next try all colours Cyan, Yellow Magenta prints... This will narrow it down but judging by those copies i would say

The cyan Drum unit is not working effectively and causing lines on copies either the cleaning blade is shot or it aint conducting correctly

The Magenta unit looks to be on its way out as the per te image so clean or replace this unit.

How is the Transfer belt and cleaning unit are they working fine???

Alan Aya

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Excellent question !
    May be I can respond to you if you say what is the lead edge of print and of course about what machine we talking.
    OK, this is DCC450 and if you are looking at the 2nd sample ( the Spiderman ) the finger of the spiderman is pointing towards the front of the machine ( the Control Panel ), which means those blue lines are in front of the machine.

Blue Lines on output

If DCC450 is the same machine as Xerox DC3535 you have problem with cables from rip to machine.
    Power off machine and reconnect all cables.

Alan Aya

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    If DCC450 is the same machine as Xerox DC3535 you have problem with cables from rip to machine.
    Power off machine and reconnect all cables.
    Do you mean the cable connecting the scanner reader unit to the main printer?

Blue Lines on output

Yes the two cables. Power off machine, remove cables and power on. In this mode machine start only as copier. Them make a colour copie and see what is.

If other colours are fine, Cyan (R2) drum possibly faulty, You can diagnose by swapping drum to different position and check if symptoms change. Also you can see in number 1 pdf slight diagonal banding, this means your developer has diminished and will need to be replaced. Is also possible that something foreign in Cyan developer could cause the problem (which if you eliminate the drum will be most likely)
    And the DCC450 even though having the same print engine as DC3535 is very different. The 3535 has a RIP. So the cables to scanner are most likely of little relevance.
    Last edited by AussieXeroid; 09-25-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add info

Blue Lines on output

Quote Originally Posted by AussieXeroid View Post
    If other colours are fine, Cyan (R2) drum possibly faulty, You can diagnose by swapping drum to different position and check if symptoms change. Also you can see in number 1 pdf slight diagonal banding, this means your developer has diminished and will need to be replaced. Is also possible that something foreign in Cyan developer could cause the problem (which if you eliminate the drum will be most likely)
    And the DCC450 even though having the same print engine as DC3535 is very different. The 3535 has a RIP. So the cables to scanner are most likely of little relevance.
    Thanks for the info about machine Robert
    So, yes, forget about cables. There are no cables!

Technician

Could be the laser (ROS) cabling, Or the Drum Charge Roll Contact inside the machine?