Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

7655 Color Registration Problem

Hi all. I'm looking at a Xerox WorkCenter 7655 and the black image is shifted from the other three color images by about 4mm. I don't have a service manual or AWS because I don't normally work on these. I just want to get into service mode and adjust it or some decent instructions on how I can adjust it manually with a screwdriver, if possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: 7655 Color Registration Problem

You can use screwdriver for unlock IBT and clean IBT patch and sensors - MOB sensor first. Can't use screwdriver for manually adjust.
    You need sm because you must do color registration. What software version is on machine ?

Technician

There are several versions on the config page.

Sys Software 040.033.53170
    Net Controller 040.033.53170
    UI Software 040.033.53170
    IOT Software 008.032.000
    CCM Software 040.033.53170
    DADH Software 011.004.000

I already cleaned the MOB sensors on the top left inside of the machine after removing the IBT assembly. On Ricoh color machines, cleaning these sensors usually works fairly well to stop color registration issues.

Anybody have the software and maybe the manual for this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by incognegro View Post
    There are several versions on the config page.

Sys Software 040.033.53170
    Net Controller 040.033.53170
    UI Software 040.033.53170
    IOT Software 008.032.000
    CCM Software 040.033.53170
    DADH Software 011.004.000

I already cleaned the MOB sensors on the top left inside of the machine after removing the IBT assembly. On Ricoh color machines, cleaning these sensors usually works fairly well to stop color registration issues.

Anybody have the software and maybe the manual for this?
    Send mail at stoadis@gmail.com.
    I have some sw. version

[IMG]pws://file/xerox/edoc/wc7655-7665/icons/nutbolt.gif[/IMG] ADJ 9.8 Registration Control Setup cycle

[IMG]pws://file/xerox/edoc/wc7655-7665/icons/arrwup.gif[/IMG]Purpose

To set the most appropriate Registration Control correction value for skew etc. This procedure must be performed if the registration NVM is corrupted or initialized, and after replacement of any of the following:

[IMG]pws://file/xerox/edoc/wc7655-7665/icons/arrwup.gif[/IMG]Adjust

This procedure is designed to use the UI Diagnostic Mode or the PWS Diagnostic Mode to perform the RegiCon Setup. The Shift amount for each color is corrected automatically when using this procedure. In each diagnostic mode, the Belt Edge Learn routine is completed before the Registration Control Setup is done.
    UI Diagnostic Mode

1. Enter UI Diagnostics mode.
    2. Select the Adjustments tab.
    3. Select dC956 Belt Edge Learn and then Launch Routine.
    4. On the DC956 screen select the Start button.
    5. Routine Completed Successfully will be displayed when the routine is finished.
    6. Close the routine window.
    7. Under the Adjustments tab, select dC675 Registration Control Setup and select Launch Routine.
    8. On the DC675 screen, select the Setup radio button and then select Start.
    9. Registration Control Setup Complete will display and the shift amount of each color is corrected automatically.

PWS Diagnostic Mode

1. Enter the Diagnostic Mode. Refer to PWS Diagnostic mode.
    2. Select dC675 from the DC Quick menu.
    3. On the DC675 screen locate Belt Edge Learn [DC956] located on the left side of the screen and select the Start button.
    4. When the Belt Edge Learn routine is complete, select the Start button on the RegiCon Setup [DC675] window located on the right side of the screen.
    5. The shift amount for each color is corrected automatically.

ADJ 9.9 Registration Measurement Cycle

To measure the color registration for 4 colors and display the status by indicating OK/NG (Check or Adjustment).
      This cycle performs the color registration measurement that includes the detection of AC component to determine the condition of AC control (Drum Drive, Belt Drive, and Belt Steering, etc.), which is one of the color registration components.

• Performs registration measurement to determine the condition of the AC control.
      • Checks that the Belt control etc. are operating normally.
      • Measures/displays the amount of color shift relative to Black in the Fast Scan/Slow Scan direction.
      • Displays the result of comparing OK/NG (Check or Adjustment) with the target value.

1. Enter the Diagnostic Mode. Refer to PWS Diagnostic mode.
      2. Select dC671 from the DC Quick menu.
      3. Press Start on the dC671 screen.
        Displays OK or NG in the Result column.
      4. When NG is displayed, refer to the corresponding RAP and correct the problem.
        If the result is NG for both AC/DC, fix the AC problem first.

[IMG]pws://file/xerox/edoc/wc7655-7665/icons/nutbolt.gif[/IMG] ADJ 9.10 Registration Control Sensor Check Cycle

This is a self-diagnostic cycle for checking that the misregistration detection system (MOB Sensor) is operating normally. The color shift amount is detected using Cyan patch. Any misregistration detected in the MOB sensor is displayed on the screen.
        This detection result is compared again with the target value to determine the pass/fail (OK/NG) status. Correction is not performed.

1. Enter the Diagnostic Mode either UI Diagnostics or PWS Diagnostics. Refer to PWS Diagnostic mode or Accessing UI Diagnostics.
        2. Select dC673 from the DC Quick menu or scroll to dC673 on the Adjustment Routines Menu on the Adjustments tab in UI Diagnostics.
        3. Select Start.
        4. When the test completes, the results will be displayed. If the measured value for any parameter is larger than the target value by 10, NG is displayed.
          If NG, check that Cyan is being printed; if so, replace the MOB Sensor Assembly.
          If Cyan is not being printed, there is a problem in Development or 1st Transfer.

ADJ 9.13 Belt Edge Learn

This procedure calibrates the Belt Edge Sensor. This adjustment is required after replacement of either the Transfer Belt or the Belt Edge Sensor.
          NOTE:
          This procedure is also available in UI Diagnostic mode. See Accessing UI Diagnostics.

1. Enter the Diagnostic Mode. Refer to PWS Diagnostic mode or Accessing UI Diagnostics.
          2. Select dC956 from the DC Quick menu or the Adjustments Tab in UI Diagnostics.
          3. Select Start on the screen.
            The position and alignment of the belt is digitized and stored in the machine automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by incognegro View Post
    Hi all. I'm looking at a Xerox WorkCenter 7655 and the black image is shifted from the other three color images by about 4mm. I don't have a service manual or AWS because I don't normally work on these. I just want to get into service mode and adjust it or some decent instructions on how I can adjust it manually with a screwdriver, if possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

jxg2013

Last edited by jxg2013; 09-19-2013 at 06:41 AM.