Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Residual images on dc240

The residual image looks cyan.....it is repeated on the paper as a fainter version of the real image. The cyan drum; inter-image/erase lamp and the CK ROS were tested and found working well. Could this be from the dev module?
    Thanks all.
    Dgtal

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

Re: Residual images on dc240

try switching the cyan drum with magenta if the repeating image is now magenta you found your solution, if its not the drum then there are only 2 possibilities the repeating image is from the ITB or the fusing unit. try stopping in middle of a multi run and see where its coming from. good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks. I eliminated the drums by doing exactly what you said before. I also suspected the fuser before and changed it and it was still the same on another fuser. But the new thing i did now is that i took your advice and stopped the prints at different points during the print cycle. And guess what, the residual image was absent until the fuser, meaning its from the fuser. The confusion now is that every other fuser i try does exactly the same thing....residual cyan image on prints. And these fusers work well on other machines. I'm thinking its the toner, but the toner is original. Maybe something went wrong with it somehow, so i decided to test the cyan developer on another machine, and guess what it worked well. Isn't it all confusing??
    Dgtal

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar

what type of paper are you using? try plain 20-24lb plain paper if still there then again look carefully on the unfused image the light image may be there but maybe so light that you dont see it, you have eliminated the drums, the fuser unit but you have not eliminated the paper and the transfer belt.
    one of these 2 things are your culprit. good luck.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Technician

Hello, i have exactly the same problem like you, but for me it's in black and magenta only. not in cyan or yellow. i join the 2 scan of the black and magenta print.
    noir 001.jpgmagenta 001.jpg
    i put a new cartridge black, and the same problem.
    i change with an other fuser, and still the same problem.
    i stop the machine when is printing, and before the fuser the problem is not here, it come when the sheet pass in the fuser.
    BUT, if i change the fuser with an other, the problem still happen !!!??? i have really no idea....
    if you solved your problem, please help me lol.
    thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Believe it or not, the drums resolved my problem. I later saw that it existed before the fuser but its so faint and difficult to see until it passes through the fuser. The funny thing is that the "culprit druim" might not even be the colour showing the residual image. I suggest you just change all the four drums.
    Dgtal

Technician

thanks but i resolved it.
    finally it was the toner.
    i had toner compatible. i put an original toner magenta, and after 100 prints, it disappear....
    so now i have to change the 2 other toner black (because i still have the compatible black toner in the machine.

thanks for your solution, maybe one day i will need this too
    have a nice day.