Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    orangewedge

newb question: 11x17" files from USB are printing in 8.5x11 area on Workcentre 7535

I'm not really a copy tech & I'm sorry to be bothering you all with this but I know you all would have the answer .

On the Workcentre 7535 that I've been using, any time someone prints an 11x17 from USB (file sized at 11x17 exactly) the image always gets printed as approx 8.5 x 11 size, in the center of the 11x17 sheet. So to clarify, it prints on 11x17 paper but centers the image and reduces it to 8.5x11, no matter the size of the file being printed from the USB. I'm not sure what settings to adjust to prevent this from happening. Thanks for your help,
    -Robert

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: newb question: 11x17" files from USB are printing in 8.5x11 area on Workcentre 75

Are you sure the scanned document is saved as 11x17?

If you have the 7535 connected as a network printer you can test this by plugging your USB drive into a PC and sending the same file to the 7535 to print.

If the image is still printing reduced on the 11x17, the problem is with the file. The file was saved as 8 1/2 x 11.

If the image prints full size then it has to do with the machine. I couldn't find anything yet on this problem.

I did read something about selecting "mixed size originals" when scanning to USB to ensure that the scanned documents are saved at the correct size.