Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shays

Xerox Doc 12 Error code 3-380

I am trying to figure out what to do about this error code have reached my wits end. Tried all I know and machine will not reset.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

dc 12 3-380

Clear IBT patch, and check Patch sensor.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    ec3-380 on a DC12 refers to a defective patch sensor on the ibt assemby but it's more likely to be a dirty silver patch on the ibt belt that needs cleaning. In rare cases, it's the whole IBT assembly that needs to be replaced due to a skewed and non-repairable IBT frame

I have also error code 3-380 but cant find what you mean

Yesterday this error code showed up on my dc 50. Have a fiery rip and think this machine now is the same as dc12 Can someone please help me from the picture I taken show me what to do. O can see that the steel axel is very dirty on the right side of the picture and will try to get the whole unit out today and clean it. Have had som problems now and then with black color that isnt "burned". Sorry for my bad english.

Call tech to fix your machine

Since Im unemplyed and dont have any money I have to fix it myself so this answer doesnt help me. Is it that bad you mean?. Do I have to change the whole unit and if thats the case I guess its expensive and the machine would have to go to the junkyard.It has only 50.000 printings and I thought it win last for many years to come .

Is it impossible to reasamble the unit (dont now the name on it) and just clean the messy steelaxel?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
    Since Im unemplyed and dont have any money I have to fix it myself so this answer doesnt help me. Is it that bad you mean?. Do I have to change the whole unit and if thats the case I guess its expensive and the machine would have to go to the junkyard.It has only 50.000 printings and I thought it win last for many years to come .

Is it impossible to reasamble the unit (dont now the name on it) and just clean the messy steelaxel?
    This is so called External heat roll used for providing additioanl heat to the Heat Roll during prints on extra heavyweight materials. Often i clean it with strong solvent (In my case in Russia it is called "aceton")Really strong fluid. But first u have to disassemble externall heat roll assy...

Yes, can cleen external heat roll, but that do not have any with fault code 3-380.

3-380 is fault code for belt patch.

I see what you mean.. Im a fool in this but anyway i fixed it. The problem was that I didnt know what you menat by the IBT men when I found out I found it, took it apart and a couple of minutes ago I cleaned the whole IBT and it was a lot of dirt there. I just reassmebled the whole machine and it works great and Im so happy.. You see I have to ask a mechanic who showed me the IBT and then it was no problem. A good advice was to not put any fingers in the "whats the name- black plastic surface" and then Woila

Quote Originally Posted by sengineer View Post
    This is so called External heat roll used for providing additioanl heat to the Heat Roll during prints on extra heavyweight materials. Often i clean it with strong solvent (In my case in Russia it is called "aceton")Really strong fluid. But first u have to disassemble externall heat roll assy...
    Thanks for good advice. I have had som problem when printing thick papper so now I know what to do great..