Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Xerox 7345 Need to reset color calibration

Hello, I am working on a 7345 and I may have messed things up. The Cyan and Magenta are very light and so I attempeted to do a print calibration using a not so great calibration sheet that printined out. After I did this all colors are so light you can barely see them! Before at least the black and yellow looked good. Could anyone tell me how to reset to factory setting or at least to where I was before? The machine has 500K and I am thinking it needed new developer units for cyan and magenta in the first place, but I don't have them in stock. Probably should not have tried to calibrate with very light cyan and magenta patterns?

Technician

Re: Xerox 7345 Need to reset color calibration

Did you try toning them up? Cyan and magenta?
    After they get toned up try running calibration

Yes, myself and another tech did try that. What's weird is the first color calibration print came out like it did originally, with only the cyan and magenta patches really light, yellow and black were ok. After that however the print-out came out all washed out, all colors were light.

We are suspecting the BTR roller? Or maybe the drum contacts - the waste toner container seems bowed out and does not really seat very easily, we had to force it in when closing the metal plate that hold it in. So maybe the drum contacts are not meeting. Also suspecting clogged lines.

We changed out the color toners and tried a cyan drum and no improvement. Could I ask what a print calibration really does? If the original is not good would that mess up the whole process? It didn't work anyway because I kept getting the message I was putting the original print-out on the glass incorrectly, even though I was (with the magenta patches against the left edge).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

First swap the drum modules and observe if you dont have one or two bad drums.
    for color calibration and adjustments you must run MaxSetup procedure from service mode.

Thanks, we did swap some drums around and it made no difference, so we ruled them out. We even put a new drum in the cyan slot and it mase no difference either. I went into service mode - CE Mode - but I could not find where you go to run the MAXSetup Procedure, could you direct me? It looked the same as the normal mode.

You need service manual. MaxSetup is a collection of procedures and you need to know what you are doing.
    Also you can see the developer roll when you remove the drum module. So you can see how the magnetic brush looks.

Thank you for the information, I will get my hands on a manual. In your experience do the DV brushes go out early? I see the yield on the dv units is 650K and the machine has 500K. I am still thinking this is possibly electrical because as I said the first print came out looking ok except the cyan amd magenta bands, but then after the 1st print the 2nd on after is washed out evenly. How could it change so suddenly is maybe a hint: maybe contacts somewhere not meeting consistently? Or swapping the drums around with doing the maxsetup procedure really messed things up?

It is a good practice to change developer material at 500K.
    How to do that you will read in sm. You can check developer houses and the toner delivery ducts and mechanisms.
    Also you can print in same time two sheets of paper, A4 or Letter size long edge feed and see how the image looks on IBT before the image will be transfered on the papers.

We finaly got it going, we replaced the large transfer belt unit with a used one and also the cyan and magenta drums. I think it was just the drums though. Why swapping the drums (using the good yellow drum) to test them did not help determine the problem I don't know. When you swap them, do you need to power off and then back on? I heard later that is necessary and I dd not do that when I first went out on the call. Would anyone know if that is needed? That would explain why it made no difference?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

You don't need to power the machine off/on after swapping drum units. To me it sounds like you were having a problem with the 1st BTR rollers for Cyan and Magenta. Replacing the whole BTR assembly took care of that.

Did you try the machine after replacing the BTR assembly with the original drums?