Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Phaser 36/4600 and phaser 6500

Hi Guys
    We've just started a large rollout of 300 plus of these models, following an intensive online training schedule for all our techs. I was just wondering, are there any known issues with these units that would be advantageous to me, any experience of faults/issues would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Phaser 36/4600 and phaser 6500

Thumbs up Re: Phaser 36/4600 and phaser 6500

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Phaser 36/4600 and phaser 6500

For 3600 keep in hand some PL1.3 belt transport -'item 48 ELA unit 3x5' and
    solenoids are prone to stick in actuated position for apparently no reason-
    just shim the pad (rise it) to keep them work without the hassles for replacement.
    4600- no major mechanical issue except ones due to customer interaction. Noisy fuser
    in the past- flat spot on pressure roll, noisy second tray gear shaft- some gears are too
    loosed to get a resonance, random spots on copies is usually due to Drum cartridge, wrong CRUMs also can be found
    If you got a different billing plan pay attention that the plan is set with first cartridge replacement
    Wrong inventory at the beginning will give you a lot of activities.
    The neutral installation cartridge cannot be reused in the machines with billing plan already set.
    650x can rise an error code instead to ask a new toner cartridge. The imaging unit can fail before the EOF.
    Customer Issues with drivers and software could be annoying but this is part of the job.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

Re: Phaser 36/4600 and phaser 6500

Hi, could you explain what you mean by 'shim the pad' and thank you for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilak View Post
    For 3600 keep in hand some PL1.3 belt transport -'item 48 ELA unit 3x5' and
    solenoids are prone to stick in actuated position for apparently no reason-
    just shim the pad (rise it) to keep them work without the hassles for replacement.
    4600- no major mechanical issue except ones due to customer interaction. Noisy fuser
    in the past- flat spot on pressure roll, noisy second tray gear shaft- some gears are too
    loosed to get a resonance, random spots on copies is usually due to Drum cartridge, wrong CRUMs also can be found
    If you got a different billing plan pay attention that the plan is set with first cartridge replacement
    Wrong inventory at the beginning will give you a lot of activities.
    The neutral installation cartridge cannot be reused in the machines with billing plan already set.
    650x can rise an error code instead to ask a new toner cartridge. The imaging unit can fail before the EOF.
    Customer Issues with drivers and software could be annoying but this is part of the job.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.