Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

4595 getting 10-330 fuser motor fail fault ....HELP

I have replaced the fuser heat roller motor, and replaced the heat roller, bearings, and pressure roller.

I still got the code 10-330 ( fuser motor fail).

I loosened the pressure roller bolts ( front and back) almost all the way.. now it runs... but may fault out 10-330 at any time.. between 100 copies or 500 copies.

i have had to adjust the bolts to try to get the nip right. Are their any suggestions on what to do?

I guess i have to check voltages next.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: 4595 getting 10-330 fuser motor fail fault ....HELP

I posted this in the other thread where you asked also.

You have already replaced the defective product; Fuser Motor. As error code 10-330 indicates Fuser Motor Rotation Failure.
    I would suggest replacing the MCU PWB as you seem to still have to problem after replacing the Fuser Motor. MCU PWB Part# 960K17980

Hope This Helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Did you replace the fuser drive motor or the whole drive assembly? I've had worn bearing in the drive assembly cause fuser drive malfunctions. I've also seen the pin in one of the drive shafts in the drive assembly snap in half. (very hard to detect this while still installed) This will cause a problem off and on. If the "half pin" shifts to center itself on the shaft it can not turn the drive coupling. If the pin moves to one side or the other it then can turn the coupling.

Does your machine have the cleaning blade assembly installed under the press roller? I've seen these blades get caked up with toner gunk enough that it slows down the fusing unit tripping the 10-330 code.

Bearings on both upper and lower fuser rollers?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

only replaced the fuser drive motor.. it still coded out 10-330 so i pulled out the new one and put the old back in.
    Brand new Heat roller with new gears and bearings.
    Today.. a whole day with nothin..

we tried another fuser assembly and it ran fine.. so.. its the fuser.. right?

yes i cleaned the pressure roller blade..I have it running now but now... ug.. the rubber of the pressure roller now has now shifted off of the roller. yea.. i know..

the rubber of the pressure roller has entirely shifted two inches to the back.. so i shoved it back in place and tightened the back bolt for pressure a couple turns. put it all together and ran it then the rubber went towards the front... this is a nightmare. so we are ordering another pressure roller.

Question? i know i am supposed to run DC701 for fuser nip adjustment. how do i do that? i cant seem to find it in diagnostics and there is nothing in the edoc to tell me how to run this routine? do i need to hook up the laptop to the 4595 with a usb? then what program?

i cant find anything in the same area as component control or nvm values..

I am hoping the fuser nip will solve the problem.. Please advise.. Thanks a bunch

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dorez View Post
    I posted this in the other thread where you asked also.

You have already replaced the defective product; Fuser Motor. As error code 10-330 indicates Fuser Motor Rotation Failure.
    I would suggest replacing the MCU PWB as you seem to still have to problem after replacing the Fuser Motor. MCU PWB Part# 960K17980

Hope This Helps

yea.. thanks.. we tried another fuser assembly and it seems to run fine with that one but we had to take it out... but now we know its the fuser.

how do i run dc701

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

If you have the Edoc for 4595, the directions for adjusting fuser nip is explained in ADJ 15.1.1 (dc701).

For the 4595, it requires the use of your PWS and the PWS Diagnostic tool software.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    If you have the Edoc for 4595, the directions for adjusting fuser nip is explained in ADJ 15.1.1 (dc701).

For the 4595, it requires the use of your PWS and the PWS Diagnostic tool software.
    Yea. Thanks for the feedback. Apparently my diagnostics tool software isn't working correctly.

It turned out to be the pressure roller. DO NOT use a generic pressure roller. It will go bad and roll right off the shaft.

I was replaced previous to the 10-330 fault. And it had me going in circles. Thanks again!!