Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar

xerox color cube 8750dn

Hello everybody,
    i'm a ricoh and konicaminolta technician. I'm looking some informations about the Xerox color cube 8750dn printer: what about solid ink(what about toxicity) , reliability, image quality,maintenance and so on....

Thanks all in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: xerox color cube 8750dn

About solid ink: its wax like a crayon

Reliability? from 1 to 10 , I'd give them an 8.

Image quality? from 1 to 10, I'd give them a 7.

Maintenance? very little required aside from installing a maintenance (cleaning) unit from time to time.

That being said, this machine requires a very level surface. If the machine is tipped or bumped while on, it can cause a mixing of the (liquid) wax causing you to have image quality problems. If you do need to move this machine, you need to power it off and wait a min of 30 minutes for the wax to solidify. The machine also should be left on 24/7. If you power the machine off allowing the ink to solidify, it has a very long warm up period before being ready to print. Service calls can take a long time if it is required to allow the ink to solidify in order to service areas dealing with the ink (ink heads, drum, etc.) or if the machine needs to be moved for servicing. (Then to power back on for testing and sometimes multiple repeat steps of that if needed)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar

Re: xerox color cube 8750dn

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    About solid ink: its wax like a crayon

Reliability? from 1 to 10 , I'd give them an 8.

Image quality? from 1 to 10, I'd give them a 7.

Maintenance? very little required aside from installing a maintenance (cleaning) unit from time to time.

That being said, this machine requires a very level surface. If the machine is tipped or bumped while on, it can cause a mixing of the (liquid) wax causing you to have image quality problems. If you do need to move this machine, you need to power it off and wait a min of 30 minutes for the wax to solidify. The machine also should be left on 24/7. If you power the machine off allowing the ink to solidify, it has a very long warm up period before being ready to print. Service calls can take a long time if it is required to allow the ink to solidify in order to service areas dealing with the ink (ink heads, drum, etc.) or if the machine needs to be moved for servicing. (Then to power back on for testing and sometimes multiple repeat steps of that if needed)
    Thank you so much!!!