Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Altboot problem

Technician

Altboot problem

Greetings,
    Does anyone have had problems starting Altboot- softwares(WCPP,WCPS,7556- series) on W7. I have 3 laptops and all of them give the same error when trying to run it: "DriverExtensionIFC"- Connection failed.
    Same error comes everytime and no diagnostics can be received from the copiers. All laptops are 32- bit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Altboot problem

There has been a known issue with altboot and W7. May have to try WinXP version laptop

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Altboot problem

Quote Originally Posted by Oltus View Post
    Greetings,
    Does anyone have had problems starting Altboot- softwares(WCPP,WCPS,7556- series) on W7. I have 3 laptops and all of them give the same error when trying to run it: "DriverExtensionIFC"- Connection failed.
    Same error comes everytime and no diagnostics can be received from the copiers. All laptops are 32- bit.
    Altboot requires a serial port configured as com1. Probably your usb to serial adapter need that configuration or this is a cheap adapter and need to replace it.
    Also for WC75xx machine family you need a special serial cable to connect.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Altboot requires a serial port configured as com1. Probably your usb to serial adapter need that configuration or this is a cheap adapter and need to replace it.
    Also for WC75xx machine family you need a special serial cable to connect.
    Hi, we have chosen the laptops so that we do not need any Usb- adapters. Problem is related into running the software, because it does not start correctly. We are currently checking if some update to anti-virus or windows is the reason because with clean installation, everything runs smoothly... with no antivirus or updates run.

With Xp- there is no problems at all with these cpu's, but that's not a suprise at all.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

For 75xx machines why not just load the software using a USB thumb drive? Its quick and easy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There is a special altboot for WIN 7 and GSN 11.

Technician

Problem has now been solved... main reason was f-secure. Even thought every service was disabled(by "killing") IE still had it's f-sec addon activated. With a script we were able to make everything work.

[QUOTE = Oltus; 376499] O problema foi resolvido ... o motivo principal era o f-secure. Mesmo pensando que todos os serviços foram desabilitados (por "matar"), o IE ainda tinha seu addon f-sec ativado. Com um script, conseguimos fazer tudo funcionar. [/ QUOTE]

Hello. I am currently having the same problem. But I don't have any antivirus installed on my PWS. Can you help me?