Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Xerox 4110 with error code 124-315

Hello Xerox techs!

My 4110 comes with an error code 124-315 after cleaning it. Multiple visual inspections - but no results

Does anybody have a hint? An error code list for this machine would be very helpfull, but also no result searching the web..

Would appriciate any help

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox 4110 with error code 124-315

Re: Xerox 4110 with error code 124-315

In this case more helpfull will be a service manual.
    124-315 = stored data mismatch. First you need perform GP4 = serial number syncronization and compare the following nvm's :700-600, 700-601, 700-602

Thank you for response!

I have neither a service manual (Does it exist for this machine type?) nor a PWS. I bought the printer used with 7 mio clicks out of an ongoing Xerox maintenance contract. The machine worked fine as it arrived but was never cleaned, so I stripped it down to give it a general cleaning. After re-building I switched the system on and got the error msg. I am a technician (Not Xerox!) and have done such jobs several times with other Xerox production machines without any problems, but in this case I miss a manual for orientation..

The system don't give me any access via the machine UI, so I don't know how to manipulate any NVMs w/o a PWS

The only suspicious thing I remember is, that I forget to connect a cable between scanner and controller. Unfortunately the problem wasn't resolved after re-connecting.

Could it be a possible reason, that I caused a not (or not correctly) closed inter-assembly cable connection?

Regards.

I did run the s/n sync routine and could solve the problem by this way. After switching thy system off and on, I got the same problem. The reason was an empty CR2450 battery on the IOT board.

Thank you, adriansto, for your tip!!

After replacing the Li battery, I got an error msg which tells me the drum is not correcty inserted or faulty. Couldn't find any visual reason and replaced the drum unit against a brand new one.

Really don't know, what is going on and would like to ask again. Could there be any connection between the NVM battery power loss and this err msg?

Still helpless and hoping for support..

Regards to all and thank you for helping!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

The battery can cause your 124-315 error.

Most often I find that the drum not set correctly message is caused by the latch on the drum itself. The orange/yellow latch you push to unlock and remove the drum can sometimes not have enough spring to it. This latch has to spring back when the drum is pushed in all the way and it activates the drum set sensor. You can remove the latch from the drum without any tools. There is a long piece of plastic on the latch that acts like a spring. If you bend it back, it will cause the latch to have much more spring pressure when reinstalled (make sure not to snap it off though). With the spring too "soft" it can not activate the set sensor.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

go in service mode r/w the series number will be ok good luck

Post Re: Xerox 4110 with error code 124-315

Hallo again!

I am back again with the same problem - unfortunately it has escalated..

What did happpen? I took my fluke meter to measure the battery voltages in the build-in-state, because I wouldn't like to loose the storage content. Found two batteries on the shielded controller on the backside of the printer. One of then had 3.xx Volt - that seemed to be Ok for me. The other one was low - 1.9xx Volt. Did not found a third Li battery, so I did think I was carefully enough and changed the battery against a brand new one.

Next, I switched power on to enter the serial number syncronisation menu and :O my gooddess! - now I had TWO unsync'd units.

IOT & SYS1 are out of sync and can now not be synchronised manually in the service menu.

Now what?

Is it possible for a technician with a PWS to fix the problem or is the complete printer crap???

In the meantime I used our Xerox 700 for the b/w prints, because I was anxious to do anything more wrong. Now I need to finish the thing.

Thank you for any further assistance!!

Regards Kapinski