Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Tessellate

Xerox Docucolor 5252 Rip Server Fault - 016-501

Hello Techs,

We have recently acquired a used Docucolor 5252 from a print shop closing down. The machine was working great before the tear down. Setting up the machine I'm able to print color test sheets and alignment pages although i'm unable to set the machine up on our network. I continue to get the fault

Rip Server Subsystem Fault 016-501

I checked the manual and there is nothing on faults that I am able to locate. I believe I might be missing a wire from the Fiery 5000 to the machine as only the large C/M/Y/K cables are connected…nothing else.

If anyone could guild me to a tutorial on machine setup that would be perfect as my manual has nothing of that nature.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Re: Xerox Docucolor 5252 Rip Server Fault - 016-501

Quote Originally Posted by Tessellate View Post
    Hello Techs,

We have recently acquired a used Docucolor 5252 from a print shop closing down. The machine was working great before the tear down. Setting up the machine I'm able to print color test sheets and alignment pages although i'm unable to set the machine up on our network. I continue to get the fault

Rip Server Subsystem Fault 016-501

I checked the manual and there is nothing on faults that I am able to locate. I believe I might be missing a wire from the Fiery 5000 to the machine as only the large C/M/Y/K cables are connected…nothing else.

If anyone could guild me to a tutorial on machine setup that would be perfect as my manual has nothing of that nature.

Thank you,
    Anthony
    16-501 means machine lost connection with the rip server aka fiery
    possible server card not pushed in all the way bent pin on cables
    bad system server software these are good possibilties

Tessellate

Re: Xerox Docucolor 5252 Rip Server Fault - 016-501

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix the problem a few days ago. You are correct. It was a communication error between the Fiery rip and the printer. Looking into it the Yellow halftone cable is also a communication cable. There must have been a kink in the cable as we switched the black cable with the yellow one and communication was restored.

Thanks for your help!!!

Anthony