Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts imagewalker's Avatar

Workcentre 4250 SMB network scanning...

HEEEELP!!!

Xerox Workcentre 4250 SMB network scanning...

What am i missing. Its on windows 7.

Did the carp on page 58 the PDF link setup manual below but still cant get it to scan. **PAGE 58**

http://ftp.xerox.com/support/workcen...ntentId=100325

Damn...!! Canon is so much easier you can browse from the machine to a folder and set SMB ...DONE!!! ( That was 10 years ago)

Im not used to setting the file path. any help is good please.!!
    Step 1. Did the check list
    Step 8. What is a friendly name and does it really matter.
    Step 10. Using IP Address
    Step 11. Using Port 139????
    Step 12. Enter the name of Share. (Like fu*k pass the Blunt. i dont know.) So i entered the name of the share folder...No/Right??
    Step 13. This took forever had to get some cheetos and mountain dew. So is it
    \\computername\ sharefolder\user\dickhead\scan or is it /computername/ sharefolder/user/dickhead/scan

How old school or ghetto is it doing it this way.
    Reminds me of window 95 .. WTF is Xerox thinking

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Workcentre 4250 SMB network scanning...

Heya, I agree browsing the folder with a popup would be so lovely.

Will see if I can help you out though.

1 Friendly name is how you call the share, doesn't matter as long as its something you recognize it by.

2 I really would recommend using ip over computer name, unless your network is dhcp all the way.

3 name of the share: this is the name of the folder you shared, you get to pick it when you share it. you can easily check if you forgot by typing \\127.0.0.1 in the start menu and you'll get a list of shared folders. Just enter the name, no \\

4 folder name (document path) refers to folder behind the first share. if you share is \\server\mysharedfolder\scans you enter mysharedfolder at point 3 and scans here. again don't start with a / or \\ but you can use / for more following folders ofc scans\daan\

hope this helps,
    Daan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts imagewalker's Avatar

Was wondering what this statement was ...thanks for the hints i will try again.

("you can easily check if you forgot by typing \\127.0.0.1 in the start menu and you'll get a list of shared folders. Just enter the name, no \\")

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Heya, I agree browsing the folder with a popup would be so lovely.

Will see if I can help you out though.

1 Friendly name is how you call the share, doesn't matter as long as its something you recognize it by.

2 I really would recommend using ip over computer name, unless your network is dhcp all the way.

3 name of the share: this is the name of the folder you shared, you get to pick it when you share it. you can easily check if you forgot by typing \\127.0.0.1 in the start menu and you'll get a list of shared folders. Just enter the name, no \\

4 folder name (document path) refers to folder behind the first share. if you share is \\server\mysharedfolder\scans you enter mysharedfolder at point 3 and scans here. again don't start with a / or \\ but you can use / for more following folders ofc scans\daan\

hope this helps,
    Daan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

sorry i missed a closing bracket

By typing \\127.0.0.1 in an explorer window, or in the start menu search area, you open up the shares of your own computer, so you can check if they work and what their names were.
    The no \\ refers to the name of share field.

goodluck
    Daan