Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: WCPro 416

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

WCPro 416

I normally don't work on them but have a WorkCentre Pro 416 that has ran fine. Now it calls for toner, no problem, I replaced the toner and it continues to say 'Replace Toner, Open Front Cover'. The toner is new, full genuine Xerox toner. The old cartridge was empty. Power off, Power on and same fault.

Without a service manual I'm lost. I can't find anything other than the user manual online. How do you troubleshoot this old beast? First of all, does anyone know how to enter diagnostics? I could probably test the toner motor, low toner sensor...but a service manual would help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    WCPro 416

Thumbs down Re: WCPro 416

His 6th post and he wants something. Not to mention posting in the wrong forum and with no manners.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: WCPro 416

I thought this is the site where techs can help each other or at least get clues to troubleshoot problems. Are you a tech or sales person that sells manuals? I checked your web site and did not see the Xerox 416 listed.

If I'm in the wrong forum please advise me. Manners...how did I offend you?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    I thought this is the site where techs can help each other or at least get clues to troubleshoot problems. Are you a tech or sales person that sells manuals? I checked your web site and did not see the Xerox 416 listed.

If I'm in the wrong forum please advise me. Manners...how did I offend you?
    First it is a site for techs to help techs.
    second since you are asking for a manual it should have been in the manual request section.
    third manuals4you can be a little brusque to newbies and he does tend to push his site. However he can be a good guy once in a while. (you did forget to use the word Please and thank you)
    fourth If this is like 10-15 years old then look for the Toshiba Estudio 15/20/25 as I think this is just a rebadged version.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    First it is a site for techs to help techs.
    second since you are asking for a manual it should have been in the manual request section.
    third manuals4you can be a little brusque to newbies and he does tend to push his site. However he can be a good guy once in a while. (you did forget to use the word Please and thank you)
    fourth If this is like 10-15 years old then look for the Toshiba Estudio 15/20/25 as I think this is just a rebadged version.
    Please, are you finished bashing me? You do not have the manual listed in your 'manual request' section. I am a tech seeking help. Yesterday I found the answer to my situation and I can share it with you now.
    Power on while holding down the 1 and 3 keys. From there I went into all the diagnostic levels/modes. That was all I needed, thank you.