Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: System Software for Xerox 56xx Series 21.120.xx

ok so that is the one that uses the 54.xx software.

This raises another questions I'm having too.

I have 2 machines. one has the 21.120.xx software and the other with the built in controller, ie 54.xx software.

I set both machines up for scanning to email and a public address book. Upon setup, the machines work fine, no problem. I can go to the address book and send fine. 15-30 minutes after I leave the customer's office, either machine would be able to access the public address list to send emails, but if I manually enter the email address they work fine.

One the 21.120.xx machine, I've replaced the ESS on it and the same thing happens. I suspect it's the HDD on this units that I have, but seems like a weird coincidence that it would happen to 3 different controller.

Please not that this happens all in the same office, but on 2 different machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    System Software for Xerox 56xx Series 21.120.xx

If you know very well Linux OS you can read the logs and see what if hapened. But that is a time consuming task. Machine software has 'bugs' and another software version is made for correcting this. But with new sw version another 'bugs' appear. Write here complete sw version of the machine.
    The fastest method to have a good working machine is to reload software and after that reload machine settings. It'a a 20-25 minutes job while you drink a cup of coffee.

Technician

On the machine with the internal rip. That one has the latest 25.54.53 firmware

On the one with the external rip. They both had 21.113.02 and 21.120.52

Neither of them was from a clean HDD, they both all had existing HDD

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    System Software for Xerox 56xx Series 21.120.xx

Quote Originally Posted by safas View Post
    On the machine with the internal rip. That one has the latest 25.54.53 firmware

On the one with the external rip. They both had 21.113.02 and 21.120.52

Neither of them was from a clean HDD, they both all had existing HDD
    25.54.53 is not the latest firmware version. Many versions was made.
    Also there are a plenty software for checking the hdd for data integrity or for bad sectors.
    You can do a checking before reload software.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by safas View Post
    ok so that is the one that uses the 54.xx software.

This raises another questions I'm having too.

I have 2 machines. one has the 21.120.xx software and the other with the built in controller, ie 54.xx software.

I set both machines up for scanning to email and a public address book. Upon setup, the machines work fine, no problem. I can go to the address book and send fine. 15-30 minutes after I leave the customer's office, either machine would be able to access the public address list to send emails, but if I manually enter the email address they work fine.

One the 21.120.xx machine, I've replaced the ESS on it and the same thing happens. I suspect it's the HDD on this units that I have, but seems like a weird coincidence that it would happen to 3 different controller.

Please not that this happens all in the same office, but on 2 different machines.
    The fact that the same problem is happening on 2 machines in the same place. Both machines run different software as one is a multi-board controller and the other a single board controller, makes me feel that the problem is not with the machines but something changing on the customer's network to cause this. I don't have deep enough knowledge of networks to tell you what this can be though.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Maybe You have LDAP set already. Mark that local Address book is not default one and appear like "internal". The cust. have to switch it manually that is a high intellectual effort. The work around is to set LDAP to “Hostname” on WEB UI LDAP config page and Leave all fields empty. Apply and check if on Local UI the Address Book will pop up by default.

Technician

I can rule out LDAP issue, because the machines aren't even set up for that.

They are both using internal public address books.

I found a software update with version 21.120.60.0015. But the problem seems to still be there.

Are there any new software for the machine?