Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Xerox Docucolor 250. Spills toner.

Cyan and yellow developer unit spills toner. Meters: meter 1 - 349186, meter 2 - 90123, meter 3 - 200331, meter 4 - 439309.

Sorry for bad English, I'm a Russian.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Xerox Docucolor 250. Spills toner.

Are U using OEM toner?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    Are U using OEM toner?
    I am using original Xerox toner.

When you say spills toner, like there is to much toner going into the dev unit?
    have had problem with black unit where toner supply motor was running when it should not have been. You may be able to hear motors running. I reseated ribbon cables between iot pwb and mcu pwb make sure you reseat at both ends.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Techbod View Post
    When you say spills toner, like there is to much toner going into the dev unit?
    have had problem with black unit where toner supply motor was running when it should not have been. You may be able to hear motors running. I reseated ribbon cables between iot pwb and mcu pwb make sure you reseat at both ends.
    Both dev units cyan and yellow are dusty. This causes dirty ROS. I noticed white stripes on cyan and yellow. I thought I need to replace the developer? I have no service manual and dont`t know how to replace.

Dc250 does suffer from air being sucked into ros area, you get a faint band le-te about 100mm from o/b edge. Normally in cyan 1st and then yellow. You need to strip out ros units and clean mirrors. There was updated firmware to help prevent issue .16 I think. Also seals were added to ros units. If the color count is only 90k I don't think you will need to change dev yet.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Techbod View Post
    Dc250 does suffer from air being sucked into ros area, you get a faint band le-te about 100mm from o/b edge. Normally in cyan 1st and then yellow. You need to strip out ros units and clean mirrors. There was updated firmware to help prevent issue .16 I think. Also seals were added to ros units. If the color count is only 90k I don't think you will need to change dev yet.
    Few weeks ago I replased ROS KC. This happend after ~20 000 copies. Both cyan and yellow ROS are dirty.
    How to seal ROS units to prevent this?

Which mirror in ROS i need to clean?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy80 View Post
    Few weeks ago I replased ROS KC. This happend after ~20 000 copies. Both cyan and yellow ROS are dirty.
    How to seal ROS units to prevent this?

Which mirror in ROS i need to clean?
    Sounds like your machine is pretty dirty, find a service vac and give it a good cleaning inside to prevent any further problems.

The ROS are labeled with K C, M Y. Clean which ever has the deletions.

Open it up and clean all the mirrors that appear dirty, inside and out. Be very careful not to scratch the surface. I typically use a small bright flashlight to reflect off the mirrors to detect any toner dust. While your at it remove and replace or clean (compressed air) the large square shaped filter located on the left side towards the rear of the unit, under the cable connectors.

Technician

Have you tried replacing the entire Developing Unit for the offending color?

I've had machines where I had to clean the ROS every month where the machine is running 40,000 copies per month, but once I replaced the developer unit for the color that's throwing toner everywhere. The problem goes away and did not have to clean the ROS again for a long long time (a year since I've replaced the developer unit)

I believe that the magnetic roller on the unit itself looses it's effect after so many copies that it doesn't hold the toner onto the developer when it rolls out of the metering blade. Therefore that causes the toner to fly everywhere when the machine is running. And the newer developing units (magnetic roller has ribs on it) tend to do a better job of keeping the toner attached to the developer when running.

Hope this helps

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Before replacing dev assy do a deep machine cleaning especially the filters.
    Then run MaxSetup series procedures.