Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox Docu Color 240/250 skewing

It could be the rollers or an obstruction on the right side door. The paper path runs down the door, reverses direction and back up to 2b.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    It could be the rollers or an obstruction on the right side door. The paper path runs down the door, reverses direction and back up to 2b.
    That's what I was thinking as well but I have also replaced the black gate and the teeth (not sure what they are called) on the right side door. The sided rollers look good and the fans on the right door are turning on as well.

Not sure if this makes sense but I'm wondering if it could be a software issue. Only because when I look at the preview on the cw it looks good but as soon as it prints and I go back and look at the preview again it shows it skewed.

What type of server do you have? External or Bustled? Try reinstalling CWS or upgrading to CWS 5.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by InterfaceP View Post
    What type of server do you have? External or Bustled? Try reinstalling CWS or upgrading to CWS 5.
    I have cws5 already, I'll try reinstalling it thanks.

Technician

Well here is my update, It's not the software
    So a Xerox tech friend of mine said that he thinks that it might be the Inverter 2 Transport 059K41974.
    This part costs a lot of money so don't want spend unless I know for sure.

I completely understand. You probably better off using your 700i for duplexing any future jobs.

We have a large inventory of parts. Message me if you decide to replace and want to save some cash.

Pull out the 2 lower trays and maybe tray 2 as we'll if you can, if you look in the bottom of the machine on the right side you should be able to see the sheets enter the lower part of duplex path, make sure there are no scraps of paper or obstructions, you may get some clues of skew problem by running mc and watching the sheets enter and leaving this area.

If you think inverter section is at fault you could try, remove any finishing device(make sure mc powered off 1st) run a job single sided but run it face down (can be copy job if easier) run stock your having issue with. Watch the sheet very closely as it comes out of mc exit. If there is any tracking off as sheet comes out could well be an inverter issue. The door can get slightly twisted or you can try nip roller re alignment. If not replace inverter.

hope this helps

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Techbod View Post
    Pull out the 2 lower trays and maybe tray 2 as we'll if you can, if you look in the bottom of the machine on the right side you should be able to see the sheets enter the lower part of duplex path, make sure there are no scraps of paper or obstructions, you may get some clues of skew problem by running mc and watching the sheets enter and leaving this area.

If you think inverter section is at fault you could try, remove any finishing device(make sure mc powered off 1st) run a job single sided but run it face down (can be copy job if easier) run stock your having issue with. Watch the sheet very closely as it comes out of mc exit. If there is any tracking off as sheet comes out could well be an inverter issue. The door can get slightly twisted or you can try nip roller re alignment. If not replace inverter.

hope this helps
    Yes this was very helpful, I removed the finisher tray and removed the right side door cover and watched the paper run as 1 sided face down. It looks to be happening right after it passes the rollers. The only issue now is that I'm not sure if it is inverter 1 or 2 rollers.

It may just be that the nip release rollers (in the door that swings open) need adjusting, there are 2 procedures for this depending on weather you have an early inverter or a later one, can also be a little technique sensitive to set correctly, probably best to get a tech to set up for you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Techbod View Post
    It may just be that the nip release rollers (in the door that swings open) need adjusting, there are 2 procedures for this depending on weather you have an early inverter or a later one, can also be a little technique sensitive to set correctly, probably best to get a tech to set up for you.
    I believe that it might be the older inverter, there is no adjusting screw. Bummer
    Thanks a lot for your help and feed back.