Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Docucolor 5000 intermittent exit module entrance motor runnign backwards.

It is not that I just get all of the good faults, just I only tend to post them up here if they perplex me; And this one has got me completely baffled:

I have a DC500 that gets jams in 8f (entrance to the exit module) when duplexing any stock. on further investigation, going into component control on the PWS and running the exit entrance motor (008-029) sometimes causes the motor to run backwards after it has been started and stopped a few times. If I start and stop it 10 times in quick succession it may run forward 8 times and backwards on 2 occasions.

I have changed the motor for a new one that does the same and I have swapped the SMA pwb twice and still get the same results. I am thinking that there is a break in a wire somewhere now, but am posting here to see if anybody else has any alternative suggestions.

Re: Docucolor 5000 intermittent exit module entrance motor runnign backwards.

Ok, not entirely convinced that this information will be of use to anybody but it turned out to be a bent pin one of the 24v supplies to the motor in P/J736 arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!