Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

Hello Exok,
    Sorry for my late answer.
    You're right for the path but I don't know where the paper need to pass in duplex mode, and I have no experience to check paper guide sensor and gates. I can take pictures in order to help me to check them.

I only have a message from windows which indicates that there is a paper jam, but I don't know how to have codes by logging on the machine. Does it exist any tool that permit to log on the printer ? I suppose I have to connect on the printer directly and maybe there is web based page which permit to see error code ... ?

thanks a lot for your help, I really need to solve this problem...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

If you really need to solve the printer problems buy a service manual, only 15 bucks, and read how to see or print error codes. Also there is described how to check sensors, rollers, etc. SM is a starting point to help you because we will talk about same things.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    If you really need to solve the printer problems buy a service manual, only 15 bucks, and read how to see or print error codes. Also there is described how to check sensors, rollers, etc. SM is a starting point to help you because we will talk about same things.
    Hello Adriansto,
    I have downloaded it... I'm going to read it if I can find some informations about jamming...

regards

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

Go to chapter 6 and read about how to see faults log history. Then follow procedures from chapter 2 for the every faults you see in history. I think your manual had a chapter named ' Theory of operation'
    If so read it carefully.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by adriansto View Post
    Go to chapter 6 and read about how to see faults log history. Then follow procedures from chapter 2 for the every faults you see in history. I think your manual had a chapter named ' Theory of operation'
    If so read it carefully.
    There is an explanation in order to enter in service mode. There are a lot of tests ! I see that there is a section for "Media Jams and the paper path".

I also forgot to mention that sometimes (only when I print two sided) the paper is folded corner, and after there is a jam, and the paper is often bent when the first side is printed, so when the other side is printed sometimes the jam occurs.