Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

Hello,I have jam problem when I use duplexing . I need to open the "A" gate of the 7760 and ... I really don't know what can I do ?Does someone could help me ?regards

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

With an explanation of your jamming problem as limited as you provided there is probably not much we can offer you to help. I don't know if you are looking to solve a repeated jamming issue or if you just need help to clear an existing paper jam that won't seem to clear. If you can manage to clear the jam and you can make single sided copies with no problem but you get jams at the left side door when making duplex copies, there is a common cause for this. On the left door assembly, there is a gate in the inverter section that has a small white plastic holder that keeps the gate from being able to move forward (toward the fusing unit / exit). This piece over time becomes brittle and breaks. It is held in place with 1 screw (screwed in on the front upper side of the left door). If this part is broken, the gate can then move forward causing the jamming. You can either replace this part (part # 019E48481) or come up with a more creative way of keeping the gate from being able to move forward.

Technician

Hello,Thanks alot for your reply and sorry for my bad english and lack of informations. It's a repeated jamming issue, to reply you, the printer works perfectly with single sided copies, but when I print double sided copies, very often, I can print 10 copies maximum then a jamming problem occurs.How I can see that the piece is broken ? IfI take you a picture, could you confirm me that is this piece which is the cause of the jamming ?Thanks a lot for your help...

Technician

PS : I saw on Ebay that someone could provide me the piece, but I have a doubt with the name "PAD SHEET", is it the good part ?http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/XEROX-PA...-/250554566005

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

Thumbs up Re: Need help to fix jam problem on my Xerox 7760

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Hello Exok,I take a picture of white part which seems to be broken : Is it this part ?regards

Well, there goes my bright idea. Your gate holder looks to be in good condition.

Next step in troubleshooting this problem would be to check over the paper path that is only used when using duplex. Check the condition of rollers, guides and sensors. Pay close attention to any sensor actuators in the paper path. Sometimes you can have the tip of an actuator broken off that upon a quick inspection looks good.

Technician

Erok,Are you sure tha the white part is good ? because as you can see the plastic seems to be old, and could explain that sometimes it works and a few copies later not.... no ?The problem is that I don't really know how the paper is feeded, I can take some pictures to who you the sensors, paper path etc... I need some help to know which acuator I have to check and how I can tell It's good or not.regards

Technician

no idea ?

Its hard to tell what is causing your problem from my side of the internet. I'd have to see the machine in action to have a better idea.

Since the jamming is only with duplex, you would need to learn what path the paper takes during duplex mode that differs from simplex mode and then check all paper guides, sensors and gates that are involved.

I only work on the WC version of this machine (that has an attached scanner with full display screen, the workcentre 7345). Is there a way to find out what fault code is being generated by this paper jam? That might help pinpoint the problem. Can the fault codes be seen by logging on to the machine over the network using a PC?